Re: Latest e-mail from ops

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Brown" <satellite@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 3:03 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Latest e-mail from ops

Interesting stuff from OPS. A new format for you to wrestle with David
for the IODC (MET 5) relay! And hopefully we are going to find the UK
Met office willing to supply us with a licence for the dongles.

Incidentally I have managed to find an application which does interrupt
MSG ingestion and processing - tired running a parallel port zip drive
today. The whole thing snarled up and lost lots of segments.

Cheers,

James
--
James Brown

Very interesting mail. I think the OpenMTP format has already been cracked
as I know GSS 4 can deal with those files from Eumetsat's RSS Archive. So
hopefully not too much work for David.
I have had no word yet either from the Met Office but there is still plenty
of time. Hope it goes smoothly !
I thought printing from the parallel port would be a problem for me (old
printer so no USB option) but surprisingly I can print without any troubles
to the data.