mnfreemo #facebook

MNFree-mo@groups.io Integration <MNFree-mo@...>

By Minnesota Free-mo Modelers

We are getting closer to Free-mo Duluth 2018, which will be May 4-6 at The Depot. A total of 31 modules are expected, some of them are long-term veterans of many set ups, and a few will be first-timers. The layout planned is a version of yard (and yard) to loop, with a small splicer module finished on site. We hope to see many friends there!

MNFree-mo@groups.io Integration <MNFree-mo@...>

By Minnesota Free-mo Modelers

First call for modules for Duluth 2018!

Here are the details for the upcoming Duluth Free-mo set up. There are no big changes from previous Duluth events.

The set up will be in the ground floor of the Duluth Depot, 506 W Michigan, Duluth. This is excellent, well-lit space with relatively easy street access. It's not a huge space, however, and an emphasis be incorporating the best-functioning and most realistic modules that will make up a layout that's fun to operate. We will be guests of the museum and the North Shore Scenic Railroad. Besides offering the space, our hosts are generous in feeding us one or more meals, providing free passes for the museum and for riding the tourist train, and generally making us feel wanted. I have confirmed start and end times with the management as given below. Vehicle and trailer parking are available for free on the property. The museum is one of the nation's finest. New this year, there *may* be a swap meet occurring in the museum during this weekend; if I hear more I'll pass it on. This Free-mo event is worth attending just to have a lot of museum time! Hotel rooms in Duluth sometimes fall short of weekend demand. I recommend booking early. The closest hotel is the Radisson, but there are many in the area. I'd love to see some new modules at this event. Please consider making the trip. Duluth is a great spot for families too.

Schedule
March 5-26 Layout planning. Modules finalized. Ample time to spruce and fix up anything needing attention before the event.

Thursday, May 3. Depot layout space will be available for unloading/storing modules. Please let Bob know early if you want to take advantage.

Friday, May 4. Module unloading, layout set up. The space is open to us at 9 AM. I'd like to see modules on legs ready for joining to others by 1 PM, giving us a good chance to have everything functioning before we leave that day. I don't have an exact lock up time on Friday but I'll try to get one. If you can't make the 1PM time, please communicate with me.

Saturday, May 5, 9-5. Museum, Free-mo layout open to public.

Sunday, May 6, layout tear down at time determined by group vote. We must be out of the building by 5 PM. (I will pass along the Depot has said we can keep the space until Monday at 5 PM. I don't expect that would be a popular tear down option but if most of the group prefers to tear down on Monday we'll figure something out).

OK, to get the ball rolling please send me a list of modules you have available. I'd appreciate an actual list of module names not, "my usual" or something like that. I'm kind of out of touch with the group so need actual module names to get the planning started. Looking forward to another great Duluth set up! I would prefer having us discuss this on the new groups.io site but if you don't have access to that, we can also discuss it here on the public FB site.

Bob Sterner
rwsterner@...

MNFree-mo@groups.io Integration <MNFree-mo@...>

By Minnesota Free-mo Modelers

Test post. Does this end up on Groups.io site?

MNFree-mo@groups.io Integration <MNFree-mo@...>

By Minnesota Free-mo Modelers

Next Beer session is scheduled on Valentines Day.... Should we move the meeting to Wednesday (Jan 15) or the following Tuesday (Jan 21)?

MNFree-mo@groups.io Integration <MNFree-mo@...>

By Minnesota Free-mo Modelers

Attention N-scalers! Just a quick note to announce that *we're confirmed* with a slot at the Great Train Expo, in Shakopee MN, on November 4th-6th. It's time to dust off the modules and finish the scenery! (Or dust of the tablesaw and build some modules!)

MNFree-mo@groups.io Integration <MNFree-mo@...>

By Minnesota Free-mo Modelers

It's finally published! Don't miss our YouTube cabride around the N-scale layout from the February World's Greatest Hobby show!

We were joined by the folks from Nebraska N-scale Free-mo. There are some OUTSTANDING modules in the Nebraska group, which appear at about the 4-minute mark, through the 13-minute mark.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/YOY802ZKfqw

I'd like to be sure I know what modules to begin noodling around with for Duluth 2016 (May 20-22). Let's try this; please go here (http://goo.gl/forms/GsCb7l8CkV) and enter the names of modules you can provide. Or drop Bob Sterner an email if that's easier.