Topics

YAESU FTDX101 & MMTTY SETUP

Adrian Fewster

Jeffrey. Yes use the enhanced CP2105 usb-uart comport for CAT, this just enables frequency read for the built-in logging using the compatible FT-991 profile.

See device manager to id this pair of CP2105 comports on the one usb connection.

The other standard CP2105 usb-uart comport is used for the PTT via DTR, and FSK via RTS, as you see in the screenshots on link below.

See  http://computerclub.no-ip.org/ftdx3000d/ftdx3000d/Tips&Tricks/FTdx3000d%20FSKmmtty%20menu%20cfg.pdf

https://www.aa5au.com/rtty/getting-started-on-rtty/page-01/

https://www.aa5au.com/rtty/getting-started-on-rtty/page-08/

https://www.qsl.net/ja7ude/extfsk/indexe.html  << Important for EXTFSK64 setup.

The method id the same for the FTDX101

Use RTTY-L mode

ON radio set > FUNC > Radio Setting > RTTY RPTT Select = DTR

Other RTTY settings are left as default (yellow font)

Use about 20 KHz span, and monitor on.

You will see both the mark/space lines on TX , also hearing the diddle with monitor on.

ALC will be high 70% or more of white scale, normal with FSK keying.

Adrian Fewster

On 30/9/20 1:12 am, j wrote:
Adrian, thank you.  I am not familiar with rxtFSK64?  Do I need to install something else to run along side of MMTTY?  I see a COM2 & COM17 - is there additional COM ports that need to be created?  Thanks,  Jeff / K1ZN

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 11:04 AM Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...> wrote:

Yes,

See ;  https://groups.io/g/ftdx101mp/message/501?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,MMTTY,20,2,0,76379876

On 30/9/20 12:00 am, j wrote:

Has anyone set up MMTTY to run with a YAESU FTDX101D?  I need some elmering, TNX 73,  Jeff / K1ZN

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Dr. Jeffrey A. Cantor

Adrian, thank you.  I printed down all of the urls and now to read and try to understand.  Much appreciated, 73,  Jeff / K1ZN