Topics

screen thoughts

larry fields

Saw this stations setup on the screen, makes me think of doing the same, but might look some what crowded. Any comments.

W3fiz Yahoo

I run pretty much the same as posted. Except I have a second monitor so it doesn’t look that busy.
                 Pat/W3FiZ

On Feb 13, 2020, at 10:09 AM, larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

Saw this stations setup on the screen, makes me think of doing the same, but might look some what crowded. Any comments.
<85135303_10218012789526321_1213505587434749952_o.jpg>

Frank Brown

Although it may look crowded, the payoff is being able to log in more multipliers by seeing more info on the screen.

Rick Ellison

Back a few years ago I was getting headaches after running a RTTY contest for a few hours. I went and had my eyes checked but they were ok so I explained to the Dr what I was doing when I would start getting the headaches. And he explained to me that you want everything that you look at most of the time on your screen in a direct line to where your eyes line up if you are sitting in your chair. Both of my monitors sit about 12” from the surface of my desk and I came up with this and since then I don’t get the headaches I used to. I mainly use SO2V for all of the contest so this is the setup.

What you don’t see in this picture is underneath the Entry Window is the second Entry window. Underneath the Digital window is DI2 and underneath MMTTY is the second copy of MMTTY running. I have the windows set to bring them forward when activated so I switch windows with the CTRL- Right and Left arrows. On my second monitor I have the info window, Telnet and Spectrum windows but my main focus is the bottom of the window. This is one way to have additional windows without much clutter..

73 Rick N2AMG

Although it may look crowded, the payoff is being able to log in more multipliers by seeing more info on the screen.

larry fields

I been looking into doing this with my setup and might have to set one of my laptops to do this. I had a 2nd one sent to the shop for repairs, unfortunately my nephew never went back to get it or check on it. I been running the MMTTY on my system now and enjoy running the programs. Does have some hic-ups, but just have to figure it out. Like running the serial numbers 599-001 to599-050 as example where I end up putting the numbers in. I ran the n1mm+ for the first few contests and worked good.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila Philippines
I am on QRZ.COM  DX1PRS 7165 kHz