Topics

RTTY on IC-7610

Nate (NC0E)

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I seem to be desperate and just found this group.

I got a new Icom 7610 about a year ago and have become interested in RTTY.

I watched K0PIR's many setup videos on YouTube and have installed N1MM Logger + and MMTTY on my Windows 10 machine.  The radio drivers were installed previously and the radio works great with Ham Radio Deluxe and WSJTX with no issues.  I have gone through and configured the radio as all the instructions and videos show.  It allows me to decode rtty, but I cannot transmit.  It is set for FSK and using the USB ports built into the radio.

That's a far as I can ever get.  Just wondered if there is a step by step directions for setting up N1MM and MMTTY to work together or if MMTTY can be run alone with my radio, etc.

Usually, I can tweak the settings a bit and things start working.  Not this time.  If anyone has had success with this setup, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nate
NC0E

pete.thomas.fi

I have ic7600 with n1mm and mmtty running using just one usb cable and afsk. If you're interested i can send the settings

ti 7. huhtik. 2020 klo 6.04 Nate (NC0E) <nc0e@...> kirjoitti:

[...]

Jamie WW3S

On Apr 6, 2020, at 11:04 PM, Nate (NC0E) <nc0e@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Jamie

I just went to K0PIR's web page and didn't see anything specific to the 7610 and MTTY

I just want to see the settings for MTTY and the 7610

His video's on you tube are directed to the 7300. I'm with Nate I can receive but no

diddle.

73 Larry K1ZW

On 4/7/2020 7:02 AM, Jamie WW3S wrote:

[...]

Michael Luke

Nate,

I had the same problem with the IC-9100. I’m not sure how similar the radios are but here is where I am headed with my ICOM. I had N1MM and WSJT working fine. I could get FSK receive to work but not transmit. I could key the transmit using CIV commands but no dittle. I sent an email to ICOM and they indicated that I need to connect to the ACC connector (Pin 1 - FSKK) to get RTTY to work. Since my computer does not have an external COM port (apparently the USB COM port can not be used for RTTY) I had to purchase a USB to TinyFSK adaptor (MoTTY). I am in the process of assembling this now. If I get this working I’ll let you know.

Also, I was able to get AFSK to work fine using the internal PC sound card and USB serial ports. This combination worked fine for RTTY but does NOT use the Radio’s RTTY settings. I had to set the radio to Upper Side Band Data (USB D) to get this to work. Unfortunately this bypasses some of the filter features of the IC-9100 (Twin Peak Filter, RTTY decoder, etc). You certainly can start with AFSK and work towards FSK at a later date.

Mike

WA3MJZ

[...]

Hank Riley

On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 08:30:26 AM EDT, Larry Stowell K1ZW  wrote:

I just went to K0PIR's web page and didn't see anything specific to the 7610 and MTTY.

I just want to see the settings for MTTY and the 7610

His videos on you tube are directed to the 7300. I'm with Nate I can receive but no

diddle.

Jamie WW3S

I’ll check later for the direct link, pretty sure it’s on there....if you want fsk, you’ll need the extfsk extension ....

On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:30 AM, Larry Stowell K1ZW <wa2fif@...> wrote:

[...]

OK - I think I finally got it figured out.  At least to send RTTY.  I found another video about using HRD DM780 to send FSK on K0PIR's site.  I went through and set it all up and still had the problem where it sent a solid tone instead of diddle.  I did notice that after 10 seconds or so, it switched to diddles.  I made some adjustments in the device manager, under the Port Settings and removed the FIFO checkbox as he mentioned, unfortunately this did not fix the issue.  What finally worked, was under power management, unchecking the box which allows the computer to shut off the port to save power.  Now it diddles as soon as I press send.  Haven't tried MMTTY yet, but it seems to be working in DM780.  Now the issue is finding a QSO to try it out.

NC0E

Nate (NC0E)

I have my N1MM Logger and MMTTY setup exactly like K0PIR describes.  I'm still just getting a single tone when it transmits.  I'm wondering if there is something to how I installed the N1MM and MMTTY as I have to start both separately and it seems like N1MM should automatically start up MMTTY??

The 7610 has a USB 3.0 cable available, however K0PIR indicates that it should work fine with one USB 2.0 cable from the back of the radio.  I identified the driver ports for each.
Anyway, this has me stymied.

NC0E

Jamie WW3S

What ports were created by the radio?
What port is extfsk on?
Did you set usb keying to DTR in the radio menu?