Topics

Mmtty Contest Mode

Hans <dk1wu@...>

Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

Dick Wilson

If a button is programmed for #, use it. If you send 'exchange' after it is logged you
will get next number.
I am using MMTTY with N1MM+. There are a few spare buttons that can be used to repeat
parts of the exchange.

Dick

On 2/10/2020 6:55 AM, Hans wrote:
Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

Jamie WW3S

Try n1mm logger. It easily integrates with mmtty and offers so much more in a contest setting than mmtty standalone

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone

On Feb 10, 2020 9:55 AM, Hans <dk1wu@...> wrote:
Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

Hans <dk1wu@...>

Thanks Dick, I think I also will change to N1MM, in MMTTY this # is in S&P as a command mit available.
Thank you Dick, 73's

On 2/10/2020 6:55 AM, Hans wrote:
Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

Don Hill AA5AU

If you want to try N1MM+ with MMTTY, there is a Quickstart Guide on how to set it up here:

73, Don AA5AU

On Monday, February 10, 2020, 10:57:52 AM CST, Jamie WW3S <ww3s@...> wrote:

Try n1mm logger. It easily integrates with mmtty and offers so much more in a contest setting than mmtty standalone

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
On Feb 10, 2020 9:55 AM, Hans <dk1wu@...> wrote:
Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

sm5mx@...

Hi Hans,

I am using the TR4W software (see tr4w.net) which integrates well with MMTTY. In TR4W they have anticipated and solved your problem. Under basic parameters, Ctrl-J, you set the parameter AUTO QSO NUMBER DECREMENT= TRUE and F2 will send the repeat number for the last QSO already S&P:d in your log.

I find TR4W very handy and straightforward, although you have to collect updates for cty.dat and MASTER.DTA by yourself.

73,
Rolf
SM5MX

On Monday, 10 February 2020, 17:39:06 CET, Hans <dk1wu@...> wrote:

Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

John AC8JW

With your permission, I will add this link in the wiki for our site here.

Don Hill AA5AU

Yes, by all means, you can put a link to the N1MM+ Quickstart Guide on rttycontesting.com if that is what you are referring to.

Don AA5AU

On Monday, February 10, 2020, 12:20:15 PM CST, John AC8JW <ruteuser1@...> wrote:

With your permission, I will add this link in the wiki for our site here.

Hans <dk1wu@...>

Thank you Rolf, I was not sure If I missed something. Thanks for your Help, I will Check your proposal.
73,Hej der DK1WU

Am 10.02.2020 18:48 schrieb "Rolf Salme, SM5MX via Groups.Io" <sm5mx@...>:

[...]

McClain Richard

Hans,

Many others (like me) share your pain with serial numbers. I worked the CQ WPX RTTY contest this weekend and it worked well. But, I am a newbie to RTTY contesting and have lots to learn. Below is an instruction that I used for my setup. The serial number  detail is already included by N1MM folks. We just have to select it and verify the operation.

As I read your email, you may have something different than my setup. It appears that the serial number increments immediately after sending your report. In my case, the serial number does not increment until I hit ENTER key which logs the QSO and increments serial number.

SETUP SERIAL NUMBERS IN N1MM+ LOGGER AND MMTTY FOR RTTY

  • Open N1MM+ Logger
  • Point and right click “File” menu
  • Select “New Log in Database”
  • A window titled “hams3db” will open [note: seems like strange name]
  • In dropdown menu named “Log Type”, scroll and select “CQWPXRTTY”
    • Verify the correct date is shown.
  • Near bottom of this window, you should see “Sent Exchange”
    • It should only have “#” in the box. [The # represents a serial number which is added to RST for exchange}
  • Click OK button after updating any other data entries as needed.
  • Now look at the main entry window. You should see a box named “SntNR” which is your serial number and defaults by starting with “1”.
  • At end of a QSO, tap ENTER key which logs the QSO and increments the serial number.
  • Caution: Do not tap ENTER until you are sure that a repeat of the exchange is requested again. When a repeat is requested, then send your report as you did the first time (the F2 key, for me).

73,
Dick, KD4S

On Feb 10, 2020, at 9:55 AM, Hans via Groups.Io <dk1wu@...> wrote:

Hi All,

During WPX Test I had the following Problem:
In Contest Mode S&P I send the report and number to the other station. I received the message to repeat the Serial Nr.
For this I have a macro (599 %N %N) but the QSO is already in the Log and the number transmitted is one digit higher..
Is there a way to overcome this Problem in S&P Mode?

Thanks for your Help in advance.
Vy 73, Hans DK1WU

David AD4TJ

Hmm, that's not how my N1MM works; after I press Enter and log the contact, the serial number from the previous contact will still get sent if I press F7 where {EXCH} is.

73, David AD4TJ

On Monday, February 10, 2020, 2:36:41 PM EST, McClain Richard <dickmcclain@...> wrote:

[...]

DON GAIKINS

There is a macro button in N1MM to send the report.  Even after you have logged the qso and are asked for a repeat, just press the rpt macro button (I think it is F2) and the report will be resent.

Don
W0VM

On 2/10/2020 1:36 PM, McClain Richard wrote:
[...]

ve3ki

Actually, the serial number in N1MM+ does not increment until a new call sign is entered into the Entry window. This means that you can press a function key that contains the # (serial number) macro as many times as you want, even after you have logged the contact, and it will continue to send the same serial number. It will do this up until the time you have actually started the next contact, which is the first time you need a new number. Before that time, the only need for a serial number would be to send a repeat for the previous contact.

This also means that N1MM+'s sent serial number box in a new contest starts out at 0 - it doesn't increment to 1 until you are ready to send your exchange to the first station you work. Therefore, in testing whether your exchange function key is set up correctly, you need to enter a call sign into the Entry window first before testing the function key.

Incidentally, if you are asked for a repeat, it is not good practice to just press F2 again. You should instead program another function key message (such as F7) with something like {TX}# # {RX} (note the trailing space before the {RX}, which is important if you want the other station to be able to separate the number from the garble that will follow the end of your transmission). No need for your call sign, the other station's call sign, 599, or any other extraneous stuff - just send what was requested.

The N1MM+ database file name is not hams3db, it is ham.s3db . The .s3db is the file name extension used by the database engine that is incorporated into N1MM+. You can create your own database file with whatever you prefer in the first part of the file name, such as KD4S.s3db; the program starts out with "ham" as a generic name, but that's just for convenience in the initial setup.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 02:36 PM, McClain Richard wrote:
[...]

David Fuseler

The serial number doesn't increment until a call is entered.

Dave NJ4F

On 2/10/2020 4:45 PM, David AD4TJ via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your mail, I was using MMTTY without N1MM and there is this problem, I will change to N1MM in the future..

Thank you, 73, Hans DK1WU