From: "Hank Riley n1ltv@... [MMTTY]" <MMTTY@...>
Sent: 2/6/2020 12:34:38 AM
Subject: [MMTTY] Automatic direct subscription to the new group.io group

I've been a member here on MMTTY@... for about 2 1/2 years.
John has just brought me in as a new moderator to help out with this process of getting all of you subscribed to the new group since Yahoo.com no longer provides many of the basic capabilities that are required of a mail list/forum as they once did.

So just a few minutes ago exactly 1000 people were subscribed to the new home of MMTTY.  Each of you who were successfully subscribed will have already received a machine generated email informing you of that, and describing what steps you need to take if for any reason you don't at this time want to be a member.  There are now a whopping 1300 members of MMTTY-SB-RTTY.

Please note that many options for delivery to you of the posts to the new group exist, including digest form and no mail at all (for those who read the group's posts on the web).  Everyone starts out with each post coming to you as it happens.  I think usually the posting is light, so many days no posts happen.  If you would like to change your method of delivery, just go to the website and make your new choice.

For technical reasons, only folks with email addresses starting with the letter A to GCL comprised the 1000 (also any emails beginning with a digit).  It is thought that MMTYY at Yahoo has between 2300 and 3000 members.  Those with emails after GCL up to Z may not be able to be subscribed in this bulk manner as the 1000 were tonight.  We'll do the best we can in the coming days, but opportunities were lost between October 2019 and January 2020 when certain actions should have been taken.

If you are in the GCL to Z part of the alphabet, feel free to subscribe yourself, as many have already done, by going to the Groups.io website.  It's very easy.

                   https://groups.io/g/MMTTY-SB-RTTY

One more thing.  When you are subscribed to the new group, that does nothing to your membership here.  In that sense I don't think of this kind of process as a transfer.  The idea of course is that after you are set at the new home you'll no longer be posting here at all.  It is anticipated that this Yahoogroup MMTTY will be shut down completely at some point.

Please send your questions to me rather than the list.  I may answer direct (most of the time) or through this list.  If some subject keeps coming up in your emails, I will address it through the list here.

Hank

__._,_.___

Posted by: Hank Riley <n1ltv@...>

Joe Subich, W4TV

what does SB mean?
*Sound Board* as in "MMTTY Sound Board RTTY" ... that goes back
probably 20 years.

Why not just MMTTY@groups.io?
Because MMTTY is already in use on Groups.io. Someone else set up
an MMTTY group there two years ago.

73,

... Joe, W4TV