Topics

MMTTY and TS590SG

Jack Olivieri

Hi - I have been trying to get MMTTY to work with my TS590SG. The audio (via USB Codec) seems to be getting to MMTTY. But all I get is random garbage. I have tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work.

In the spectrum scope I seem to only get 1 peak. even though I can hear the RTTY signal. Signal level is in the green and I choose the HAM button.

Listening to signals on the 60M band. Any suggestions?

thanks,
Jack (WA1FEF)

Kenneth Williams

Hi Jack

I have not been on the air with RTTY but I have been listening and receiving with my TS-570S with half of a RTTY interface (rx side only) while I wait for my interface board to arrive.

I will start with a request and then some experience of my own.
The request: Please describe the connections to your radio a little more.  Are you getting the audio from the ACC2 connector or the speaker jack or something else.

The comment: Is your computer, and MMTTY actually configured to take the audio from the USB Codec?  When I first starting setting things up for myself, I saw that I was getting very poor audio.  After poking around a bit, I found that MMTTY was configured to take the audio from my headset and not from my audio card.  Once I fixed that, all was OK with the RX.  OK, I just admitted my mistake in public.

Getting RX in and getting MMTTY to decode should be easy so maybe the problem is a configuration problem analogous to the problem I first had.

Good Luck

Ken Williams
KC6PUQ

Erv Heimbuck

The 60 meter band is a shared band and most of the rtty you hear there is probably commercial which frequently is encrypted and may be running a different shift than the 170 that hams use.

Try listening on 20 meters around 14085 especially during a contest.

Erv

Hi - I have been trying to get MMTTY to work with my TS590SG. The audio (via USB Codec) seems to be getting to MMTTY. But all I get is random garbage. I have tried a bunch of things but nothing seems to work.

In the spectrum scope I seem to only get 1 peak. even though I can hear the RTTY signal. Signal level is in the green and I choose the HAM button.

Listening to signals on the 60M band. Any suggestions?

thanks,
Jack (WA1FEF)

Tony Chamberlain

As Erv suggests you’re likely picking up commercial RTTY - different speed, shift or encrypted.

Make sure you’re on a Ham frequency.

Have a listen on 20m during the upcoming HQP contests etc.

73

G0AKC