Topics

? instead of 0

Tony Chamberlain

My MMTTY installation is sending ? characters rather than 0 (zero).

It does display 0 correctly in the text boxes when typing, and in macros, but sends '?' to air

Any ideas how to fix this?  I've already gone over various settings and I've tried changing keyboard to US rather than UK to no avail.

Any hekp appreciated - thanks - Tony G0AKC

Paul Bigwood

Hi Tony,

in order to help, can you explain how you know it is sending a '?' instead of a '0'?

73 de Paul G3WYW

Tony Chamberlain

I knew because I was receiving it on a separate RX – second radio, second computer.

However it seems to have been fixed by several reboots and resets of the input/display language on the PC

It was one of a long line of issues getting RTTY going properly in my home shack again....

73

Tony G0AKC