Topics

Help needed setting up MMTTY with SignalLink USB TNC and the new Yaesu FT-DX 101 MP

GEORGE T. JACOB, JR

Hello,

Is there anyone in your group that can lend me a hand with the setup of my MMTTY program using a SignalLink USB TNC and the new Yaesu FT-DX 101 MP?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73
de George T. Jacob N6VNI

Paul Bigwood

Hi George,

 You shouldn’t need the USB Signalink to use MMTTY with your FTDX101MP. I have a FTDX101D and use MMTTY very successfully just with a USB cable between the radio and the PC. I’m using FSK keying as well with EXTFSK64 1.06 on my Windows 10 X64 laptop

 The FTDX101D and MP have two serial ports and a sound card built into the radio. MMTTY uses both the Serial ports and the sound card as the interface to MMTTY, which replaces  the need for an external interface like the Signalink.

 You do need to use MMTTY V1.70K  or later for the CAT to work correctly.  The FTDX101D and MP use the extended frequency range CAT commands that include the 100s of MHz for radios like the FT-991 to show 2M and 70cms frequencies correctly. Earlier versions of MMTTY only supported frequencies up to 30MHz, so that 80M would show up as 0.3600 instead of 3.600MHz and 20M as 1.408MHz instead of 14.080MHz.

What is the problem you are having?
73 de Paul G3WYW

GEORGE T. JACOB, JR

Good morning Paul,

First i am running windows ten and have MMTTY version 1.70 install and FXTFSK 2.0e.

I disconnect the SignalLink TNC and put the USB cable where needed to be on the back of the radio.

I am using under TX PORT " SOUND+COM-TxD (FSK . I can see the marco transmit I can hear the diddle however the radio will not go into the transmit mode. I have tried changing the mode on the MP from USB TO RTTY-U AND BACK the radio will not transmit. On receive the MP will receive incoming signals however it will not decode.

I am missing some thing.

de

George N6VNI