Topics

FSK Failure

Jim Denneny

This could possibly be related to Win10 upgrade but, I have no proof.

MMTTY 1.68 or 1.70 standalone will TX but not RX. RX is small noise dot on XY scope. I have played with all the sound card RX settings in MMTTY Options Setup. PTT is OK (Com 14) as K3S keys in TX.

Same thing is true in N1MM.  In DXLabs WW,  RTTY will not key nor RX.

This was working several weeks ago and I have not made changes beyond Win 10 upgrade a few weeks ago. Need help with RX side signal path for openers

73, Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

Correction DXLab WW and N1MM and MMTTY all the same - no RX signal.  XY scope shows only small dot in RX.  TX side is OK. Radio is K#s in FSK D data mode.

Jim K7EG

Ed Muns, W0YK

Check the Windows sound settings.

73,
Ed W0YK

This could possibly be related to Win10 upgrade but, I have no proof.

MMTTY 1.68 or 1.70 standalone will TX but not RX. RX is small noise dot on XY scope. I have played with all the sound card RX settings in MMTTY Options Setup. PTT is OK (Com 14) as K3S keys in TX.

Same thing is true in N1MM.  In DXLabs WW,  RTTY will not key nor RX.

This was working several weeks ago and I have not made changes beyond Win 10 upgrade a few weeks ago. Need help with RX side signal path for openers

73, Jim K7EG

ve3ki

Things to check:

- K3S Line Out level not set to zero.
- Correct sound card input (the USB Audio Codec in the K3S?) selected for RX in WW and MMTTY, and in whatever digital engine(s) you are using in N1MM+.
- Recording level setting for that sound card input in Windows not set too low or muted.
- Make sure the Windows default sound device is not set to the sound card you are using for RTTY. Windows defaults should be set to motherboard sound card in the computer.
- In Windows 10 Privacy settings, make sure "Allow apps to access your microphone" is turned On.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 11:29 AM, Jim Denneny wrote:
Correction DXLab WW and N1MM and MMTTY all the same - no RX signal.  XY scope shows only small dot in RX.  TX side is OK. Radio is K#s in FSK D data mode.

Jim K7EG

GEORGE T. JACOB, JR

If you are using USBSIGNALINK
UNIT CHECK THAT SETTING.

GO TO THE CONTROL PANEL CKICK ON SOUND MAKE SURE BOTH SETTINGS ARE SET TO CODEC.

GEORGE N6VNI

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020, 8:29 AM Jim Denneny <57JNDenneny@...> wrote:
Correction DXLab WW and N1MM and MMTTY all the same - no RX signal.  XY scope shows only small dot in RX.  TX side is OK. Radio is K#s in FSK D data mode.

Jim K7EG

TED ALGREN

Jim,

Ed is right-on! Check your sound settings. Go
thought every setting you can change. Write
down your successful setting as you'll need
the correct setting in the future. Windoze WILL
change them again!

GL es Vy 73,

Ted
KA6W

On 2020-09-04 11:29 AM, Jim Denneny wrote:
Correction DXLab WW and N1MM and MMTTY all the same - no RX signal.  XY scope shows only small dot in RX.  TX side is OK. Radio is K#s in FSK D data mode.
Jim K7EG

Jim Denneny

Thanks everyone for your suggestions..  Problem is solved.  My friend Bob Wilson N6TV got on Team Viewer and found the problem.  K3s was set for high tones.  MMTTY was set for low tones. All set on low tones now.  Good RX now.

73, Jim Denneny K7EG

Jim Denneny

I am highly suspicious Win 10 Upgrade caused this.  Never had tone mismatch ever???

Jim K7EG

William Boedeker

Good afternoon.  There is a very good video on youtube that covers setting up a K3S for MMTTY and N1MM.  The address is <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToCJ5GeZSE&t=4367s>

Bill Boedeker, NM5BB

--
Bill Boedeker, NM5BB
247 Manhattan Loop

Jim Denneny

Thanks Bill I will review that. All is well now. However, I took no action that would have caused a mismatch of tone settings. We need to remain vigilant regarding Win10 upgrades.  I have heard several instances of upgrade mischief.
73, Jim K7EG

Alf Fisher

I find it safer to delay doing Win10 updates until a couple of weeks have elapsed and Woody says its OK to do them.

https://www.askwoody.com/

73,
Alf, G3WSD