Topics

CQ WPX RTTY Practices

Ed Muns, W0YK

2100-2130 UTC, Thursday, 6 February

0100-0130 UTC, Friday, 7 February (Thursday evening NA time)

On Thursday (NA time), let's have two 30-minute practice sessions to check out our station equipment, software and operator(s).  Both sessions are prior to the usual Thursday evening NCCC Sprints (RTTY and CW).

Operate just like it's the real thing that starts on Saturday 00 UTC.  Use whatever bands are open and active for you at each time slot.  You might want to have a special message prepared to respond to stations telling you that the contest hasn't yet started.

Yep, its CQ WPX RTTY this weekend.  Take a break from all the FT activity on the bands and dust off your legacy digital operating prowess.  Most of all, have fun over the weekend in the CQ WPX RTTY Contest.  Take some photos of your operation and send them and/or a summary of your experience to me.  It will help in writing up the contest for the July CQ magazine.

If you’d like to sponsor a plaque, contact Rich N1IXF (Cc above).

Ed W0YK