Topics

Active RTTY agencies

ian liston-smith

Apart from ham radio, what other stations do MMTTY users listen to? I've had a look in the group's files section, but couldn't find a list of currently active RTTY stations. Here in Europe we have wx DWD with a strong signal on multiple HF channels from Hamburg, but nothing else - unless I've missed something.

I've found this list (https://ve3cnu.blogspot.com/2013/01/receiving-press-agencies-on-rtty.html) but it's eight years old. In the past there were dozens of news agencies transmitting, most of which ceased years ago. Are we really just using this fine software to chat to each other and read W1AW bulletins, or is there a whole world out there I've missed?

Thanks.

Ian

Kai-KE4PT

Hi Ian,
Your URL is apparently non-functional please try:
  https://ve3cnu.blogspot.com/search?q=RTTY

I did not find a single RTTY station on that list that uses ham-RTTY (170 Hz shift, 45 Bd, upper-on-air-tone=MARK).

Kindest regards,
Kai, KE4PT