From: MMTTY-SB-RTTY@groups.io [mailto:MMTTY-SB-RTTY@groups.io] On Behalf Of ve3ki
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2020 8:25 AM
To: MMTTY-SB-RTTY@groups.io
Subject: Re: [MMTTY-SB-RTTY] 590SG, Winkeyer3 and MMTTY

MMTTY does not support hardware FSK keying devices, whether the TU or TNC type that was around when MMTTY was originally written (PK-232, KAM, HAL DXP-38, HAL ST-6000, etc.) or the newer transmit-only devices like TinyFSK, nanoIO, WInkeyer 3, etc. The original intent of MMTTY was to eliminate the need for any of these devices by using the computer's sound card and serial ports in their place.

Note that when using a device like the Winkeyer 3, you will also need some means to demodulate RTTY signals on receive. One way to do that is to use MMTTY as a receive-only demodulator (this is the method normally used with N1MM+).

This has nothing to do with the choice of radio, except that to use any FSK keying device, the radio must have an FSK keying input.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 11:50 PM, Greg Engle wrote:

I’m confused!

Winkeyer  supports RTTY? I just looked at the “Applications that support WinKeyer 3” and MMTTY isn’t on that list. So I suspect Stand Alone use is probably not an option.

But then again, I’m not a 590SG user.

Greg

NZ6E