Topics

7610

Larry Stowell K1ZW

I would think that somebody on the list has an IC-7610 and is using MMTTY I can't my setup to xmitt. Receives fine.
Windows 10. I'm wondering if they would share their settings?

73 Larry K1ZW

Tony Chamberlain

Hi Larry

I don’t yet have a 7610 but have used RTTY a lot on a 7300 which is similar.

How are you trying to send RTTY?

There are several options – AFSK or FSK? Via USB, MIC connector or ACC socket.

I generally use USB and AFSK at our club as it means a simple single cable set up – I use the radios internal sound card to decode and send the AFSK RTTY...   The USB also does CAT (or CI-V in Icom speak).   One can do FSK with a single cable but would need additional software on the computer to create a virtual COM port.

There are number of set up options to enable this – and one ‘gotcha’ is that you need to ensure you are using the ‘SSB D’ mode – that routes the audio from the internal sound card for digital modes rather than from the front panel

I generally prefer FSK RTTY and use that with other radios such as my TS-850 – you could easily set that up for the IC7610 but will need some sort of interface unit – I home brew these – a suitable circuit using transistor switching for TXD and RTS is shown on page 3 of the radio’s manual.  You connect to pins A and B on the ACC socket.

If you choose to use FSK you likely need to select the EXTFSK option in MMTTY to generate the correct signals from the serial port (adaptor) unless you are using an older computer/port emulator with a ‘real’ COM port.

So which way of sending RTTY do you want to use?

Let us know and we can advise further

73

Tony G0AKC

I would think that somebody on the list has an IC-7610 and is using MMTTY I can't my setup to xmitt. Receives fine.
Windows 10. I'm wondering if they would share their settings?

73 Larry K1ZW

Jim AC0E

LARRY,
DID WIN10 TURN OFF YOUR MICROPHONE??
 WIND10pro  DID IT TO ME..
...RICH,VE3KI, GAVE ME THE HEADS UP TO CHECK THAT OUT.

I DID AND NOW BACK IN BUSINESS ...

73,
--
James Douglass AC0E
DM97NX

Jamie WW3S

google K0PIR, he has a good video on his site....

On May 6, 2020, at 9:06 AM, Larry Stowell K1ZW <wa2fif@...> wrote:

I would think that somebody on the list has an IC-7610 and is using MMTTY I can't my setup to xmitt. Receives fine.
Windows 10. I'm wondering if they would share their settings?

73 Larry K1ZW

Jamie WW3S

You don’t need an external interface for either radio, Big difference between the two radios is the 7610 creates two virtual ports, so you can use fsk directly using the second port....with the 7300, you’ll need a port splitter and extfsk . I use VPSE for my port splitter, others used com0com....