Topics

Help:

Adrian Fewster

GEORGE T. JACOB, JR

Hello again,

I took the signalink out of line, and put the
square USB cable in place on the back of the radio. Went to device manager on the p.c. and did see the Standard and Enhanced ports. Went to the sound card in the MMTTY program. The only thing there was under Reception was a single dot  // transmission speaker (3- USB audio Codec) nothing else and nothing is happening either.
Radio will not go into the transmit mode nor do i see any signal coming in. Have i missed something.

George N6VNI

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 5:11 AM GEORGE T. JACOB, JR via groups.io <jac2247=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good Morning Paul,

Looks like you are a night person too.

No not at all. However after reading your email it sounds like a piece of cake to change things over.

I will give it a try and get back to you.

73

de

George N6VNI

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 1:53 AM Paul Bigwood <paul@...> wrote:
Hi George,

Have you got it working OK yet?

I'm using a FTDX101D and it works fine for RTTY with MMTTY.

You don't need to use the SignalLink USB with the FTDX101D or MP. You only need to have a USB cable between the radio and your PC.
You should see two additional serial ports and a sound card that are built in to the radio, on your PC after plugging in the USB cable.
The two serial ports are called 'Enhanced' and 'Standard' on the PC device manager. The Enhanced port is used for CAT control and the Standard port for PTT and FSK keying. The sound card is a standard one and if selected in the MMTTY sound card setup menu you should  then see the XY and Spectrum scope and decoding being displayed on the screen if you are in RTTY mode.

73 Paul G3WYW

GEORGE T. JACOB, JR

[...]

Paul Bigwood

Hi George,

Have you got it working OK yet?

I'm using a FTDX101D and it works fine for RTTY with MMTTY.

You don't need to use the SignalLink USB with the FTDX101D or MP. You only need to have a USB cable between the radio and your PC.
You should see two additional serial ports and a sound card that are built in to the radio, on your PC after plugging in the USB cable.
The two serial ports are called 'Enhanced' and 'Standard' on the PC device manager. The Enhanced port is used for CAT control and the Standard port for PTT and FSK keying. The sound card is a standard one and if selected in the MMTTY sound card setup menu you should  then see the XY and Spectrum scope and decoding being displayed on the screen if you are in RTTY mode.

73 Paul G3WYW

GEORGE T. JACOB, JR

Is there anyone using the NEW FTDX101MP by Yaesu.

Also using SignalLink USB and codec.
The radio will go into the transmit mode, do not hear the little and it will not decode.

Help Please

73

De

George N6VNI