Would anyone like to make a scheduled simplex QSO?

KO4JZT Colin

I'd love to work more people on 2m/70cm simplex, but all I've got is my 5w HT and my signal stick antenna. I think I could reach stations down through Williamson County or potentially people on the opposite side of downtown Nashville. I'm operating out of Forest Hills. Feel free to reach out if you'd like to get in the log.

Also happy to make some HF contacts if anyone needs a contact in Virginia (FM16) or North Caroline (EM96) from the remote stations I use!

K4IDC Robin

Hi Colin,
A HT & a "rubber duck" antenna is good for local comms....less than 1/2 mile or so on 2m in decently flat terrain...that's not Forrest Hills. Maybe if you found a hill you can drive up & connect your HT to a mobile antenna on the car you'd do much better. Optionally, build an antenna to carry with you, like a small Yagi & operate from a hill top. Hill top operation can be very fun.

Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC