FT-991A and Pi-Star

KK4TYW Evans Martin

Hello all,

Can anyone point me to a good reference on setting up my FT-991a with a Pi-Star hotspot?  I want to get on the Sunday night digital net but can't quite get it all working.

Thanks,
Evans Martin
KK4TYW

N4LLC Logan

Make sure your frequency, and dg id are set correctly. Also make sure fusion is turned on. In the pi star software you can scroll down to southeast link, and connect that way, or if you have WiRES-X pass through turned in the hot spot, you can search for southeast link that way.
  Hope this helps! 73 de N4LLC

KK4TYW Evans Martin

I have it setup to listen but I can't transmit.  The WIRES-X doesn't connect even when I turn on pass through.  Any ideas about what I should try?

KK4TYW

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 7:29 PM N4LLC Logan <Logancowan615@...> wrote:
Make sure your frequency, and dg id are set correctly. Also make sure fusion is turned on. In the pi star software you can scroll down to southeast link, and connect that way, or if you have WiRES-X pass through turned in the hot spot, you can search for southeast link that way.
  Hope this helps! 73 de N4LLC

N4LLC Logan

Try keying up on digital and annouce your call so that the fusion is listening and then do the WiRES-X within 20 seconds. The hotspot may not being hereing the burst in time. You also might want to change the "RF hang time" on fusion to 25-30 seconds. I have to do this on my hotspot as I have DMR, Fusion, and P25 all on at the same time. But this could be the case for you as well.      73 de N4LLC