ISO Budget HF Antenna Solution #antennas

N4DJT Don Thorpe

If your are just going to receive.. simply stick a random length of wire into the center pin of the antenna connector lol I'm serious...longer is better.
for transmitting you need a "real" antenna.
An end fed 1/2 wave maybe what you need. 40 meter version is about 63 feet long. get you 40 to 10 meters.
There are numerous folks sell these or you can make one yourself. a quick internet search will spit out numerous plans and instructions.

73
good luck.
Don
de N4DJT

N4NYA Dale Hauskin

The only thing that comes to mind are Isotron antennas that will fit in a lot of attics.  Some people like them others not so much.

73’s and regards,

Dale Hauskin MCSE, MCSA, MCP+ Internet

ARES Emergency Coordinator for Wilson County, Tennessee

N4NYA

615-545-0070

dalehauskin@...

Wilson County EMA Amateur Operations Radio Group (W4EAO)

Just recently purchased an Icom IC-737 from WN4O and was hoping to do some receiving while I'm studying for my general class license. Looking for an antenna that will work well in a small attic (space to "zig-zag" which will most definitely be needed) as well as on a fairly small budget. No specific dollar amount at the moment however.

Open to any suggestions on new purchases or used equipment - thanks in advance!

Live long and propser,
Colin KO4JZT

WW0CJ Colin