Stan,
Hope you get well soon.Eddie

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, November 25, 2019, 10:37 PM, KM4HQE Stan Gammons <sg063015@...> wrote:

I don't think the G7-144 I have receives as well as the X700. Seems like it's 3 - 5/8 waves and the X700 is 4 - 5/8 waves tall.  My QTH is not at as high an elevation as Paul though. Seems like the elevation here is around 580 ft. Would have to look at Google earth to confirm that.  Maybe when I get to felling more up to doing it, I can take the G7-144 down and take it over to Paul so he can test it out to see how well it performs versus the X700.  I've made a lot of progress in recovering from the cervical spine surgery, but I'm trying to ease back into doing things. Can't say as I want to go through that surgery again.  It's rather painful to say the least. I still have trouble from time to time with sleep. Having 3 fused vertebrae in my neck makes that a bit of a challenge :(

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 11/25/19 2:24 PM, WB0NOO Mark wrote:
I just noticed that the Hustler is 7 dBd and the Diamond X700 is 9.3 dBi.  Since dBd is 2.15 more than dBi they are specified only .15 different yet the Hustler is much shorter.  Then in another place the Hustler G7-144 is rated 9.15 dBi, who really knows?  Maybe just the Shadow!

Mark

On 11/23/2019 11:54 PM, K4PEW Paul Wieloszynski wrote:
See this Hustler 2m vertical that is half the cost of the X700 but has a 7 dbi gain vs the X700's 9.3

I kind of wish I had one in order to test how good it gets out.
--
Hope to hear you on the air!!

Paul
K4PEW