Castalian Springs, TN 37031
(615) 310-4242 Cell
http://hammondb3organ.net

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 4:00 PM K4IDC Robin <K4IDC@...> wrote:
I'm happy to help you put it higher up if you'd like.
Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 2:58 PM KN4HQE Stan Gammons <sg063015@...> wrote:
Hi Robin,

The mast it's on isn't telescoped out as far as it can go.  I goofed when I installed it and didn't telescope one of the lower sections all the way before attaching it to the eave of the house. I think it will telescope another 10 ft. It's a 35 ft mast, if I remember right.

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 11/24/19 1:06 PM, K4IDC Robin wrote:
We could fabricate a mast extension to raise the G7 above the top of the current mast if you want.
Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 11:44 AM K4IDC@... <robink4idc@...> wrote:
Stan,
Would moving your G7 to the mast of your tower be helpful?

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019, 8:23 AM KN4HQE Stan Gammons <sg063015@...> wrote:
That Hustler antenna is what I have.  I don't hear a lot of the folks you do Paul.   Don't think I'm at near the same elevation and I know there are some obstacles in most directions.  A lot of this area is sort of down in a bowl making it an uphill battle terrain wise no matter which direction you go.  I did hear most/all of the folks that checked in from Murfreesboro tonight. I almost always hear the fellow in Readyville.  Nothing farther south. I don't hear west or north very well.  Michael, KM4YRF?, is always very good. At times I can barely hear the fellow that does the net in KY.   So, I don't know how the Hustler would compare to the X700.  If you want to try comparing it some time, I can take it down, disassemble it and bring it over.  Don't know how much trouble it would be to install at your QTH.

73

Stan
KM4HQE

On 11/24/19 12:01 AM, K4PEW Paul Wieloszynski wrote:
I was wrong, this Hustler 2m has a 9.15 dbi gain vs the X700's 9.3 dbi gain (on 2 meters)
--
Hope to hear you on the air!!

Paul
K4PEW