Old Swan SWR meter

KK5S Carey

I've got an old Swan WM-2000 SWR meter that I have had for a couple of years. There isn't a lot of information out there for this model. Most of what I have found is for the WM-2000A which needs a separate power source. I've hooked it up and tried to calibrate it in FWD as what instructions I have found but even with what I have found, in the ref mode for SWR it always indicates almost a pegged meter showing way over in the red. I've checked with a known working meter so I know this is not correct; so there is a problem with this meter and I was wondering is anyone had experience with one of these? It works fine in power indication its just the SWR that reads goofy.

Carey
KK5S