Re: Saturday Night Net Results #simplex-results

KO4HSD David

Glad to learn that I'm just a pinhead this week!   Was late getting home so I just wanted to try out the 144.240 USB this week with my antenna change.    Things were pretty noisy but understandable on my end so I had a question.

Right now I'm on a vertical Comet GP6 at around 30' height (around 690' elevation).    Since this is my first radio that will allow USB, I'm still learning.     To get better reception, would I need a directional Yagi, or do I have some radio settings that need to be tweaked such that my vertical will work?

Any feedback is appreciated!   (On the USB topic, not whether I'm a pinhead.)

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM, K4PEW Paul Wieloszynski
<k4pew@...> wrote:

See/hear tonight's nets here.

Excellent net tonight with following results:

35 knuckleheads on 146.415 FM
13 pinheads on 144.240 USB
11 pencil-necks on 50.135 under somewhat adverse conditions.

Quote for today:

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”. – Henry Ford.
--
Hope to hear you on the air!!

Paul
K4PEW