Re: Saturday Night Net Results #simplex-results

KO4KLC Michael

Sorry to hear about the parakeet.  But the video is funny.  I think it is right after i checked in.

Mike
K4GSA

On Mar 15, 2021, at 8:17 AM, K4PEW Paul Wieloszynski <k4pew@...> wrote:

Yeah, I forgot to send these results out over the weekend.  Sorry.

Big news was my mini-catastrophe with a parakeet loose (have six of them) and a dog who wanted to play with the bird.  The bird lost tail feathers in the incident and was in shock, unable to fly.  I managed to keep the dog away from the injured bird and got hold of it and put her back in her cage. Michael KM4YRF jumped in to finish the 70 cm and 6 m nets.

Incident happened here on the video. My XYL, June had gone out to the garage to spend time on an elliptical machine, wears headphones and couldn't hear me screaming for her. My yelling didn't go out over the air, but it is really obvious on the YouTube feed.

Michael KM4YRF managed the two nets, without incident, very nicely.

Results:

2 M FM: 39 check-ins

70 CM FM: 13 check-ins

6 M USB: 11 check-ins

The "bird" incident" brings to mind a silly song from my teen years which can be found here. You can skip to my favorite part here. Don't judge me, I know it's a stupid song.

--
Hope to hear you on the air!!

Paul
K4PEW