Re: DMR

Josh,

In our area there three that would probably the easiest to hit. Before I got my base set up, I also used an HT and I had good results reaching all three repeaters. There is also one in short mountain near Murfreesboro. I’m on DMR quite a bit and really enjoy it.

There is also a Simplex DMR net that N8NUT Carl holds for digital modes, to include DMR, on Saturdays starting at 1930hrs.

What kind of radio are you getting? DMR seemed a bit daunting to me at first. But once you understand it’s quite simple. I read W2XAB’s guide and it was really helpful. The link is below.

http://guide.k4usd.org/

if you need any help, send me an email and I’ll be happy to help. My email on QRZ is good.

Calros KO4JNY