Mount Juliet Simplex Society MJSS@groups.io
ARRL Affiliated Simplex Club
We are one of two ARRL Simplex clubs in the USA.
We do not hold Nets on repeaters.
We do not own, operate or support a repeater.
We are the only "no rules" (other than FCC rules) Ham club that we are aware of anywhere.
We have no dues.
You do NOT have to be here.
On-air Standards of Practice
- Follow FCC Part 95 rules
- Gentlemanly (and ladylike) conduct is expected on the air. Foul or bawdy language is discouraged and subject to ridicule.
- One becomes a member of the club by being on our mailing list, licensed or not.
- Hams are NOT required to check into the nets with any regularity or attend our breakfasts, but it sure is a lot more fun if you do.
- You do NOT have to be licensed to attend our breakfasts or listen to us on the air.
- We do support all local city and county Emergency Operations Centers in any way that we each are able.
- If you miss nets for one month you get an e-mail congratulating you, miss 6 months, a certificate of achievement, one year, a plaque.
Net Control for our twice-weekly nets is in Mount Juliet, TN and meets on 146.415 FM Simplex. Nets are casual and conversational and all Hams are invited to check in. Average number of check-ins/net is 32. We have been active on these nets and on the air since 2014.
Wednesday at 8:00 PM Central Time on 146.415 FM followed by a 10 meter SSB net on 28.415 USB.
Saturday at 8:00 PM Central Time on 146.415 FM followed by a 2 Meter SSB net on 144.240 USB and a 6 Meter Net on 50.135 USB.
NEW--> Sunday at 7:30 PM Central Time on 28.415 SSB we do another 10 meter USB net. <--NEW
Footprint for Net Control is a ~50 mile radius centered on Mount Juliet, TN, ~15 miles East of Nashville.
We maintain that advocating for active Simplex operation causes interested Amateur operators to build effective stations and can better serve their family, neighbors and the community in an emergency. We also believe that meeting other local Hams on the air as well as at our breakfasts is a lot of fun, which is what Ham Radio is supposed to be as a hobby/service.
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.