The MILWAUKEE ROAD MILW@groups.io
A historical discussion list for fans and modelers of the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad - aka "The Milwaukee Road". The Milwaukee Road was famous for its many superb passenger trains and popularly known by its "The Route of the Hiawathas" moniker. The western end of the system (Montana, Idaho and Washington) once boasted hundreds of miles of electrified mainline operations. Rolling stock carried the familiar "MILW" reporting marks. Today, many years after the sale to Soo Line in 1985, freight cars can still be spotted proudly bearing "MILWAUKEE ROAD" on their flanks. We also recommend our sister group, [MILWmodelers] at https://groups.io/g/MILWmodelers for additional information on the Milwaukee. It's not restricted to modeling!
-=[PLEASE keep discussions related to the period PRIOR TO the 1985 sale. Current operations over former MILW lines by other railroads is not relevant to this list.]=-
= NOTE = You MUST SIGN YOUR REAL FIRST AND LAST NAME to all posts to the group. It must show clearly in your message, username, or your email address ===
(Moderators may make exceptions for certain job or privacy situations. Contact the group owner address on this page for more details.)
- 1,856 Members
- 31,611 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members cannot edit their messages.