The MILWAUKEE ROAD MILW@groups.io
THE MILWAUKEE ROAD
A historical discussion list for fans and modelers of the Chicago,
Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad - aka "The Milwaukee Road".
The Milwaukee Road was famous for its many superb passenger trains and
popularly known by its "The Route of the Hiawathas" moniker. The western
end of the system (Montana, Idaho and Washington) once boasted hundreds
of miles of electrified mainline operations. Rolling stock carried the
familiar "MILW" reporting marks. Today, many years after the sale to Soo
Line in 1985, freight cars can still be spotted proudly bearing
"MILWAUKEE ROAD" on their flanks.
-=[PLEASE keep discussions related to the period PRIOR TO the 1985 sale. Current operations over former MILW lines by other railroads is not relevant to this list.]=-
= NOTE = You MUST SIGN YOUR REAL FIRST AND LAST NAME to all posts to the group. It must show clearly in your message, username, or your email address ===
(Moderators may make exceptions for certain job or privacy situations. Contact the group owner address on this page for more details.)
- 2,068 Members
- 31,011 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.