Topics

Results of Extra Challenge song (Me And Bobby McGee) "Can You Guess This Song" for 11/22/2020

Gary Rogers

Attached is the unstripped version of the song for those members who might want the full MIDI with title and credits.

The Title and Artist for the “Can You Guess This Song (Extra Challenge)” this past week (11/22/2020) were:

"Me And Bobby McGee” recorded by Carole King (1970) Released (1971)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV_QjenbDw

Me and Bobby McGee - Wikipedia

"Me and Bobby McGee" is a song written by American singer-songwriter Kris Kristofferson and originally performed by Roger Miller. Fred Foster shares the writing credit, as Kristofferson intended.  A posthumously released version by Janis Joplin topped the U.S. singles chart in 1971, making the song the second posthumously released No. 1 single in U.S. chart history after "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding. Jerry Lee Lewis also released a version reaching number 1 on the country charts in 1971. Billboard ranked Joplin's version as the No. 11 song for 1971.

Other recordings of the song include those by Waylon Jennings, Grateful Dead, Loretta Lynn, Kenny Rogers and The First Edition, Gordon Lightfoot, Dolly Parton, Olivia Newton-John, Johnny Cash, and Kristofferson himself.

I received 22 responses to this song of which 22 were correct.

I am including the Moderators because they have no idea in advance what song I am posting.

This song and artist were named correctly by the following members. They are listed in the order of the timestamp of when they were submitted..

1. Roy Collingwood

2. Hayward Martin

3. Bill Adams

4. Rejjie Bee

5. Dick Schmitt

6. Larry Worthy

7. Michael Borelli

8. John Wolfe

9. Sergio Ferreira

10. Wayne Knazek

11. Karen Krettler

12. Persist

13. Adele Pace

14. Geoffrey Carter

15. Graham Ford

16. Mary Wilkie

17. Malcolm Wilton

18. Frank Meerbach

19. Andy Allinger

20. Stacie Spenser

21. Bob Eldridge

22. Ed Bettega

Thanks to all that participated.

I sincerely hope you have fun with "Guess This Song".

Gary