Topics

Results of 1st song (Oh, Pretty Woman) "Can You Guess This Song" for 11/22/2020

Gary Rogers

Attached is the unstripped version of the song for those members who might want the full MIDI with title and credits.

The Title and Artist for the “Can You Guess This Song (First Song)” this past week (11/22/2020) were:

“Oh, Pretty Woman”  Recorded by Roy Orbison  (1964)

Oh, Pretty Woman - YouTube

Oh, Pretty Woman - Wikipedia

"Oh, Pretty Woman" or "Pretty Woman" is a song recorded by Roy Orbison, written by Orbison and Bill Dees.  It was released as a single in on August 29th, 1964 on Monument Records and spent three weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 from September 26, 1964, the second single by Orbison to top the US charts.  It was also Orbison's third single to top the UK Singles Chart (for a total of three weeks).

The record ultimately sold seven million copies and marked the high point in Orbison's career.  Within months of its release, in October 1964, the single was certified gold by the RIAA.  At the year's end, Billboard ranked it the number four song of 1964.

"Oh, Pretty Woman" was later used for the title of the 1990 film Pretty Woman starring Richard Gere and Julia Roberts, and the 2018 Broadway musical Pretty Woman: The Musical.

 I received 24 responses to this song of which 24 were correct.

I am including the Moderators because they have no idea in advance what song I am posting.

This song and artist were named correctly by the following members. They are listed in the order of the timestamp of when they were submitted.

1. Hayward Martin

2. Roy Collingwood

3. Bill Adams

4. Rejjie Bee

5. Karen Krettler

6. Dick Schmitt

7. Larry Worthy

8. Michael Borelli

9. John Wolfe

10. Sergio Ferreira

11. Wayne Knazek

12. Cedric Brown

13. Persist

14. Graham Ford

15. Adele Pace

16. Roly Wright

17. Geoffrey Carter

18. Malcolm Wilton

19. Frank Meerbach

20. Andy Allinger

21. Stacie Spenser

22. James Pitt-Payne

23. Bob Eldridge

24. Mary Wilkie

Thanks to all that participated.

I sincerely hope you have fun with "Guess This Song".

Gary