Topics

A 'Virtual' Band I play in on Lord of the Rings Online - Youtube video

dragonsnfrogs at bctonline.com

I know there are so many in this group that are actual professional musicians.  I, however, am not. I am a 'virtual' musician, but I do get great enjoyment out of it.  This is how we have a concert AND keep socially distanced at the same time.
The Lonely Mountain Band on the Landroval server of Lord of the Rings Online hosted a classical music concert.
Here is a Youtube video that someone recorded. My hobbit is Brioney, the 2nd one from the left (front row of course).

We get midi files and then using 'maestro' software developed specifically for LOTRO we assign instruments to the tracks using the instruments we have available in the game. 2 types of lutes, 2 types of harps, Theorbo, clarinet, flute, horn, bagpipe, pibgorn, 3 types of bassoons, 5 types of fiddles 2, types of cowbells, and drums (and yes I did rewrite lyrics to the 12 days of Christmas [Yulefest in middle earth] and gave the band members instruments instead of maids milking and such).

This is our half-hour playlist of classical pieces :
Bizet - Entr'acte 3
Tartini - Devil's Trill
Vivaldi - La Primavera (Spring)
Lennidhren's Pavane
Handel - La Rejouissance
Beethoven - Symphony No. 7
(Alternate) Scarborough Fair
Leroy Anderson - Serenata Tango

The Bizet, Tartini, and Anderson pieces were ones I arranged the instruments for.

Wayne (Reed) Knazek

One of the coolest videos I've ever watched! Love it!!!

I left a comment!

Wayne

Blues, Latin Rock, 60's R&B, Rock-a-Billy, SURF, Good ol' Rock-n-Roll! Midi/Sequencers and Performers Group: https://groups.io/g/IGotDaBlues
8,000 Midi Files! Backing Trax and Timbres Of Heaven soundfonts! https://groups.io/g/MIDKAR
Learn to play guitar, blues harp or ANY instrument at amazing speed!  "I Just Wanna Play The Darned Thing!"
and "Learn To Shred" Text & audio newsletter! (Training & learning tips) Plus midi & MP3 jam tracks!

On Monday, December 28, 2020, 04:13:15 PM EST, dragonsnfrogs at bctonline.com <dragonsnfrogs@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob Eldridge

Was the midi of Serenata taken from a George Pollen midi of the same name?  George was a master midi creator when midi sequencing was still relatively new..  I have many of his sequences. Serenata had lyrics too (sung by artists like Nat King Cole).
By the way, I enjoyed watching the video.

dragonsnfrogs at bctonline.com

It is the very same midi file by George Pollen! I didn't realize there were lyrics to it...though a lot of us 'bards' in the game tend to write our own lyrics for music that in now way resembles the original. Others do 'adapt' the original lyrics to suit middle earth. We don't actually sing in game, but there is a 'plug-in' that allows us to send the lyrics, line by line, to the chat channel so people can see the lyrics as we're playing the music.

Karen

[...]

Sorry - did not see your response till today.  NIce to see George's work live on.  Thanks