A discussion forum dedicated to the prototype and modeling of North American railroad freight cars and cabooses operating from 1960 to the present day. Topics may also include trucks, couplers, cushioning devices, brake gear and other appliances applied to railroad freight cars and cabooses. Freight car pools and relevant discussion of industries shipping by rail are also on-topic.
Note this list is geared to individuals interested in achieving accuracy, sometimes referred to as “rivet counters”. Yes, the small details matter! If you’re not interested in what may be considered minutia by some, this list may not be for you. Otherwise, c’mon in and enjoy a tremendous amount of information shared by highly knowledgeable subscribers. You’re also welcome to just sit back, lurk, and absorb all the great stuff posted here! Together we can all learn a great deal about North American freight cars, their use on prototype railroads, and how to model them.
List rules are quite simple: no anonymous posting, sign all messages with your full name if it's not already in your email address; no SPAM; no posting jokes or virus warnings; no political discussion; treat people with respect; no attachments, they're automatically stripped. Files and Photos areas are available to post images and documents for viewing by list subscribers. List messages are archived, please check if a topic was previously discussed.
All new member postings are initially moderated (your first message).
Please remain on-topic and help maintain a high signal-to-noise ratio.
- 1,617 Members
- 19,874 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.