ROCKWOOL Candidate Survey and Survey and Pledge

Christopher Petrella <christopherfrancispetrella@...>

Mr. Lutz,

Thank you for your response. We will publish this shortly.

Warmly,
Christopher Petrella

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:00 PM Daniel Lutz <p.lutz007@...> wrote:

Warmly,

Christopher Petrella

Volunteer Chair and Jefferson County Resident
Voter Education Committee
Jefferson County Vision
Shenandoah Junction, WV

2018 Jefferson County Vision Candidate Survey and Pledge

Candidate name: _DANIEL P. "DANNY" LUTZ, JR.____________________________________

Office Sought: WEST VIRGINIA SECOND CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT ________________________________________

Question 1:

Do you support locating heavy industry with toxic emissions at Jefferson Orchard, an historically agricultural site located within two miles of four Jefferson County, WV schools?

YES / NO  Absolutely NO, with one caveat, which I have stated in public and to ROCKWOOL, N A Vice President Tony Abbott; ROCKWOOL, N A. Vice President Bjorn Andersen, ROCKWOOL, N A President Trent Ogilvie, as well as Leslie McLaren,  public relations coordinator. That caveat is that ROCKWOOL, N A and ROXUL Int commit to creating a ZERO emissions facility as their proposed Ranson operations come out of the ground. I seek leave to amplify this answer in "Additional Comments."

Question 2:

Rockwool is receiving millions of dollars in direct financial support from the state of West Virginia as well as special multi-year tax reductions from Jefferson County.  Do you support these direct taxpayer subsidies to Rockwool--a foreign company with billions of dollars in annual revenue?

YES / NO Absolutely NO, with no caveats. Multinationals such as ROXUL, Int., and spinoff ROCKWOOL N A spend more in legal retainers and Crisis Management Teams than they are receiving inb tax breaks. ROCKWOOL, N A needs these writeoffs as much as I need a third thumb.

Additional Comments (Optional):

_I have raised the ZERO Emissions proposal to the above mentioned individuals, and received no answer. There are nearly 7 billions of us humans on this speck of cosmic dust we call home. In the 21st Century, we are long past the time when we can dump our wastes upon neighbors without consequences. I made a written inquiry of numerous questions to Ms. Leslie McLaren at the "OPEN HOUSE" on 25 August 2018. This inquiry was ignored by ROCKWOOL N A until I called it to the attention of Mr. Bjorn Andersen at the Charles Town City Council Meeting on 4 September 2018. A few days later, I did receive a very hastily crafted response to each question posed. However, much of this was "newsspeak". The remainder was a restatement of the 22 November 2018 Spirit of Jefferson Publication notice. The technology is available to be a ZERO Emissions Facility. The benefit to the environment, to the image of Jefferson County, the image ofWest Virginia, and ROCKWOOL, N A. and ROXUL Int. are incalculable in monetary terms. Being the cleanest on earth would be a wonderful promotional point.

Should I prevail in my long shot bid to take the West Virginia Second Congressional District Seat in January 2019, I will work tirelessly to obtain Federal Funding through the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Commerce, the Department of the Interior, and any other agencies  which may have such funding to develop and operate such a ZERO EMISSIONS Facility.

I still await and answer from ROCKWOOL, N A. ROXUL Int, President Ogilvie, Vice President Andersen. Vice President Abbott, as well as Ms. McLaren._

Please note that I have heard absolutely nothing from my opponen ts in this race.. This is inexcusable, but not unexpected; they being the corporatists that they are._

This may not be anything upon which to hang our collective hat, but the WV Code requires the Jefferson County Development Authority to have at least one board member representing laboring citizens. On behalf of the Eastern Panhandle Central Labor Council, I have several times sought this appointment only to be rejected by the Jefferson County Commission. There is a possibility that the Jefferson County Development Authority (JCDA) may not be a lawfully constituted body, and thus could not take the actions they have taken. An attorney will have to determine this.

I welcome the opportunity to physically sign your pledge in the absence of ROCKWOOL, N A/ ROXUL, Int.making the commitment to ZERO EMISSIONS.___________________________________________________________________.

Stop Rockwool Pledge

I oppose Rockwool’s heavy industry next to Jefferson County schools.  If elected, I will oppose any actions or votes that support, subsidize, or promote Rockwool in Jefferson County, WV.

__Daniel P. "Danny" Lutz, Jr._____13 September 2018__________________________                    _____________

Candidate Signature                                                      Date

John Case <jcase4218@...>

Aardvark politics intended to elect Mooney