Welcome to the Amateur Radio HF Channel Occupancy Detection discussion.
All Radio Amateurs are asked to submit their Callsign and Maiden Head Grid Square to join this forum and participate in the conversations.
All members are to be courteous at all times and always identify themselves by name and assigned Amateur callsign. Any inappropriate behavior may result in being removed from the forum.
This is an un-moderated forum created by N2CKH to encourage discussion of the PC-ALE "Channel Occupancy Detection" project code as well as "Channel Occupancy Detection" or if one prefers "Busy Channel Detection" as applied to the Amateur Radio Service.
The purpose of Channel Occupancy Detection in Military communications terms is to help prevent collisions or interference on a busy HF channel and not degrade the Quality of Signal (QoS) of others in communications already in progress on the channel. The need for Channel Occupancy Detection obviously applies to Amateur Radio and more so now in the 21st century and to come than ever before due to the growing use of digital modes and the crowded band conditions.
/s/ Steve, N2CKH
- 47 Members
- 1 Topic, Last Post:
- Started on
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to members only.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.