Topics

Legion hat

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

I'm toying with making me an "operator's hat" for Legio IX, for me. I think Paul was interested too. Anyone else?

What we discussed was, coyote brown. Patch on front with LEGIO IX Hispana with the "IX" in brass, IF I can find that somewhere cheapish. Roman name on back, abbreviated like they did "D. Mercts. Varianvs" etc. Rank such as "Miles" blood type.

Playing with, maybe we can get our resident Latin expert, Favstivs, to help with abbreviations.

Is there any interest? Yes, I AM trying to get YOU interested and participating. But also, I like spreading the Roman word.
Marsh

Joshua Boyer

I think its an excellent idea! Any ballpark on cost??? I would be more than happy to help abbreviate names for people or help anyone add latin sayings on theirs if they wish. Let me know what it would cost and i will gladly design and order mine.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 3:53 PM Marsh Leg IX Gmail <dmvlegix@...> wrote:
I'm toying with making me an "operator's hat" for Legio IX, for me. I think Paul was interested too. Anyone else?

What we discussed was, coyote brown. Patch on front with LEGIO IX Hispana with the "IX" in brass, IF I can find that somewhere cheapish. Roman name on back, abbreviated like they did "D. Mercts. Varianvs" etc. Rank such as "Miles" blood type.

Playing with, maybe we can get our resident Latin expert, Favstivs, to help with abbreviations.

Is there any interest? Yes, I AM trying to get YOU interested and participating. But also, I like spreading the Roman word.
Marsh

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

The hat is like $10 or so off Amazon...