From: Marsh Leg IX Gmail <dmvlegix@...>
Date: 3/31/20 13:26 (GMT-05:00)
To: Legio-IX-Hispana@groups.io
Subject: [Legio-IX-Hispana] Helloooooo

Talky... Hola.

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

What's up?

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020, 13:52 Kyle Harkins via Groups.Io <krharkins081591=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello there

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

From: Marsh Leg IX Gmail <dmvlegix@...>
Date: 3/31/20 13:26 (GMT-05:00)

Talky... Hola.

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

What Roman thing do you get to do?

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020, 16:37 Kyle Harkins via Groups.Io <krharkins081591=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Not too much. Working.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

I've been eating a lot. That's very Roman. I'll just do it in my tunic. Lol

On 4/1/2020 7:00 AM, Kyle Harkins via Groups.Io wrote:
I've been eating a lot. That's very Roman. I'll just do it in my tunic. Lol

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.

D. M. VARIANvS

Go here: <https://www.romanobritain.org/2-arl_food/arl-3-common-military.php> Sorry about the stupid space at the top. Dumb google.

--
photo
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
Legio IX Hispana
Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

And the link seems to not hyperlink. What bs

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020, 13:24 D. M. VARIANvS <varianus@...> wrote:

[...]

Rich Garrison

Thanks for the site, I might try some of the foods and practice making them. Grandkids are here as taste testers, lol.

God bless
Rich Garrison

On Apr 1, 2020, at 16:40, Marsh Leg IX Gmail <dmvlegix@...> wrote:

[...]

YW. They aren't bad, just different. The best way I've heard described is it's like Chinese food with sweet and sours.  Reviews are much appreciated.

Let's see if I can fix the link again (for some reason, email put a dead area in the link.) BTW, there are all kinds of recipes on the site... these here are for the military and common people.

<https://www.romanobritain.org/2-arl_food/arl-3-common-military.php>

Best, Marsh

On 4/1/2020 11:08 PM, Rich Garrison wrote:
[...]

I fixed the olives last night, it was a little different but tasty.
Thanks for the site.
Rich

[...]

Sure. I love it when people can use it. The recipes, when I started rebuilding the site had simply been stolen out of books. I spent a good year going thru and fixing -- not only correct names, etc. but latin original, translation if possible and modern. Pix are neat too -- if I can get. Most of the common people/military recipes were done with Mark's help -- he's very into that.

I think period food is an important part of what we do, giving us a neat connection to the past. :-)

Best, Marsh