From: Marsh Leg IX Gmail <dmvlegix@...>
Date: 11/28/20 01:25 (GMT-05:00)
To: Legio-IX-Hispana@groups.io
Subject: [Legio-IX-Hispana] Alex... Do you have winter gear?

A paenula? Bracae? Closed shoes.... (check out the earlier link to the Fell Boots on etsy.

Others of you... Get footwear. Very few of us can wear caligae without pain. We have modern feet and have not gone barefoot for years. <https://www.etsy.com/listing/778764472/vindolanda-fell-boot-calcei?ref=shop_home_active_9&frs=1>

You need to go to the sole options and check "sole and nails" unless you already have some roman hobnails and a way to attach the nails (shoe last).  Questions?

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

I don't know. I have this hope that people will all talk and we'll figure something out. Josh is our events coordinator. He and I spoke yesterday about things.

What do you wish to do? We can do camps or whatever, but to have an event, we need Sal's Trinovantes tribe to be afield. I know they have 6 people. Hoping they can get outfitted and come out.
M.

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020, 07:06 Kyle Harkins via groups.io <krharkins081591=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Are we gonna do a winter get together,?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

A paenula? Bracae? Closed shoes.... (check out the earlier link to the Fell Boots on etsy.

Others of you... Get footwear. Very few of us can wear caligae without pain. We have modern feet and have not gone barefoot for years. <https://www.etsy.com/listing/778764472/vindolanda-fell-boot-calcei?ref=shop_home_active_9&frs=1>

You need to go to the sole options and check "sole and nails" unless you already have some roman hobnails and a way to attach the nails (shoe last).  Questions?

Alex Hundley

I don't have any winter gear... I suppose that would be next on my buy list in addition to a pugio. Same question - how often would we be doing winter events? With Scottish Festival being our main attraction now, that's dead summer rather than March MTAs.

Alexander Hundley
-sent by electronic carrier pigeon

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 1:25 AM Marsh Leg IX Gmail <dmvlegix@...> wrote:
A paenula? Bracae? Closed shoes.... (check out the earlier link to the Fell Boots on etsy.

Others of you... Get footwear. Very few of us can wear caligae without pain. We have modern feet and have not gone barefoot for years. <https://www.etsy.com/listing/778764472/vindolanda-fell-boot-calcei?ref=shop_home_active_9&frs=1>

You need to go to the sole options and check "sole and nails" unless you already have some roman hobnails and a way to attach the nails (shoe last).  Questions?

Marsh Leg IX Gmail

The plan is to do other things. Public events are not our reason for existence... There are many mannequin units out there.

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020, 22:22 Alex Hundley <canine730@...> wrote:
[...]

I forgot, we have a timeline event at end of September also in Hancock, MD unless this bs continues. But, hopefully we can do some private events and I don't mean in tick weather.

[...]

Decimus Didius Castus

Fell boots just shipped
Very Respectfully,

Denis J Kuchta III