Morse paddle.

F5NFB <f5nfb@...>

Hi the group.
I discovered this morse padle especially made for the TX-500:
http://www.cqdx.ru/ham/new-equipment/cw-500-key-for-lab599-discovery-hf-trcvr/
I haven't found on whose website it can be bought.
Is anyone has the information please ?
Best 73.
F5N?FB - Jo.

richlim11

Brilliant! I would love to purchase one of these too!
Rich
KQ9L

SM6MOJ

I want one as well, but you will have to wait until the war is over.

Vlad Solovey (RA9QAT)

It's avaliable on lab599.ru site, price is about 120USD. Haven't seen yet any opinion who bought it on Russian radio forums. I'm left handed, not planing to buy it.

Reminds me Chinese key https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005003390416526.html

SM6MOJ

Cool, but the site is all in Russian and as far as I can see, they only post to Russia, Belorussia, Kazakhstan etc.

Vlad Solovey (RA9QAT)

SM6MOJ,

I think you could write email to Lab599's manager Roman and ask, could he sale anyhow the key to you.
Propose him to find a person in Kazakhstan which can be international reseller. Kazakhstan is not under sanctions and is not so far from Lab599.

Randy K7RAN

That is so cool! I want one today! Is there a Kazakhstan middle-man who can broker some of these? Or a Chinese or Indian one for that matter — there are many countries who can legally trade now.

VA3SYS

Perhaps if we contact Roman at lab599 we can get them arrange something, not only for the key for the tranceiver as well.

VA3SYS

By the way its listed for 8000 RUB on their russian site

https://lab599.ru/

Vlad Solovey (RA9QAT)

Randy,

I just looked up on the map, nearest Kazakhstan regional center (Ust Kamenogorsk) is only 275 km far from Rubtsovsk (Lab599' city) it's a 4 hours drive. Kazakhstan opened borders after Covid in April only and not in all places.
I will write Roman this idea about registering business in Kazakhstan.

Randy K7RAN

So great, Vlad! Thank you!

SM6MOJ

The Russian key looka so much like the Chinese key on Ali-express, eBay etc (https://www.ebay.de/itm/Stainless-Steel-Morse-Key-Portable-Telegraph-Key-Paddle-Key-With-Magnetic-Base/384600407062?hash=item598bf87c16:g:fRcAAOSw-uBhucKo&pageci=94af9fa4-9ac1-42a5-aa46-aa2f085cb603&redirect=mobile) that I could believe it contains the same components.

Has anybody tried the Chinese key?

richlim11

Agree 100% I bet it is the same components ie: finger pieces. I have that Chinese paddle and it is nice, not a Begali but for portable use it is fine, not sure how it will hold up in the long run, but worth the cost in my opinion.
Rich
kq9l

Srinivas Chennupaty

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 12:41 PM richlim11 via groups.io <richlim11=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Agree 100% I bet it is the same components ie: finger pieces. I have that Chinese paddle and it is nice, not a Begali but for portable use it is fine, not sure how it will hold up in the long run, but worth the cost in my opinion.
Rich
kq9l

Randy K7RAN

The paddles themselves look similar, but that’s it. The Chinese one is an entirely different key. Moreover, the TX500 key has an integrated plug and is designed with a perfect positioning angle.

Bob Bennett

Yes. I have 2. One for field use and one for testing new kits. They are well worth the money. Nice touch and return. Easy and convenient. Comes in a small plastic case to protect it.

Bob NZ2Z

Randy K7RAN

Ok, I now own an official Lab599 CW-500 key. Very long story I'd rather not tell fully — it involves knowing of someone who was traveling to Russia for other reasons. Bottom line is that I LOVE IT... What a wonderful piece of gear. Very organic feel right out of the box. And... the design of this thing is as nice as the radio itself. They get an A for ergonomics and utility — and an A+ for industrial design. Here's a pic of mine:

And... in my enthusiasm, I went ahead did an English translation their CW-500 brochure since it's only available in Russian at the lab599.ru site. English brochure here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f813nrhihcedvk9/CW500-EN%20key%20brochure.pdf?dl=0

Elan Paim

Hi
Great looking is it possible to send me by PDF ?
Thank you
Enjoy
Elan Ea5iwt/g0uut

On 10 Jul 2022, at 22:20, Randy K7RAN <k7ran@...> wrote:

Ok, I now own an official Lab599 CW-500 key. Very long story I'd rather not tell fully — it involves knowing of someone who was traveling to Russia for other reasons. Bottom line is that I LOVE IT... What a wonderful piece of gear. Very organic feel right out of the box. And... the design of this thing is as nice as the radio itself. They get an A for ergonomics and utility — and an A+ for industrial design. Here's a pic of mine:

CW-500 mine.jpg

And... in my enthusiasm, I went ahead did an English translation their CW-500 brochure since it's only available in Russian at the lab599.ru site. English brochure here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f813nrhihcedvk9/CW500-EN%20key%20brochure.pdf?dl=0

VA3SYS

Impressive!

PeteWK8S

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 04:20 PM, Randy K7RAN wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f813nrhihcedvk9/CW500-EN%20key%20brochure.pdf?dl=0

Very nice! So when and how will the rest of us be able to buy one?

Pete WK8S