Topics

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - photos from Europe

Michael C.

Dear all,

A belated Happy New Year!

Apologies for filing your inbox with another off-topic email, but I've been uploading photographs to Flickr again.

Just before Christmas I went to Brussels in Belgium to visit the new Train World museum. Visit: http://www.trainworld.be/en

As a collection it's very good, as a museum site it's very good, as a display it's awful! Why - because it's far too dark.

It appears they have had consultants in telling them how to do it; the result is a collection of locomotives that are displayed with music in the dark. Spot-lights come on and go off so if you're trying to get a photograph you have to wait for the right moment.

Take a look if you're interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

John Dennis

Michael,

I enjoyed these photos - but it is certainly a challenge to photograph in the museum. I shall put this place on my list for my next visit to Brussels, but it is a long way away from Oz, and my wife seems to have different priorities whenever I mention a railway museum...

John