Topics

STILL OFF-TOPIC more narrow gauge photos from India

Michael C.

Dear all,

I have been going through my Indian railway photographs and have uploaded a couple more collections to Flickr.

This is my last trip on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157704345563582

And this is my first collection from the 2'6" gauge Kalka to Shimla railway:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157704437914322

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

From: "Michael C. via Groups.Io" <chapmanmchapman@...>
Date: 23/03/2019 21:29 (GMT+00:00)
To: lrrsa@groups.io

Dear All,

Last month I travelled on the 'Indian Magic' tour with Darjeeling Tours. Unfortunately the weather wasn't too kind in and around Darjeeling with lots of cloud and fog.

However; I have started to work through the thousands of images I captured and have uploaded some collections to Flickr.

On-shed at Siliguri Junction is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157707415778394

New Jalpaiguri Junction to Tindharia is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157707320327265

This is kind of cool:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/40396721353/in/album-72157707320327265/

Tindharia Works including new B Class boilers is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157704082565502

Such as:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/40431178323/in/album-72157704082565502/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/47396606851/in/album-72157704082565502/

And they can service a B Class in 100 days!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/46481911875/in/album-72157704082565502/

Tindharia to Ghum in the dark is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157679440443748

I like these images:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/33546310658/in/album-72157679440443748/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/47422609931/in/album-72157679440443748/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/47430122811/in/album-72157679440443748/ - three trains!

And on-shed in Darjeeling is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157707743026914

This album contains some black-and-white images for a change such as:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/46726628354/in/album-72157707743026914/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/40483720523/in/album-72157707743026914/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/32507805737/in/album-72157707743026914/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/47449607451/in/album-72157707743026914/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/47397263272/in/album-72157707743026914/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/32508439687/in/album-72157707743026914/

And this image is rather special:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/47397807492/in/album-72157707743026914/ - what better way to spend a morning?!

There is more to come... including two other narrow gauge railways...

Please take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman.

Kevin Sewell

Aaaah yes!!!! The Windemere Hotel - fantastic memories.

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 9:32 AM Michael C. via Groups.Io <chapmanmchapman=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.

Michael C.

G'day all,

Further to my earlier emails, I have been going through my Indian photographs again.

On the 25th February I was privileged to travel on the 2'6" gauge from Shimla to Kathleeghat behind a steam locomotive.

I have to say the KSR is far superior to the Darjeeling Railway - it has better civil engineering, better signalling, better permanent way, better diesels and when I was there better views!

As a fan of the narrow gauge I have been to various 2'6" sites such as the Sittingbourne and Kemsley and the Welshpool & Llanfair in the UK, and Puffing Billy in Australia; however, the KSR is a different beast and is truly amazing.

The link to the images is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157708034220474

In addition to the railway I have also included several images of the town, shops, monkeys and the view.

Take a look, but only if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman