Topics

REALLY OFF TOPIC, was German narrow gauge

Michael C.

Dear all,

Apologies in advance if you are offended, but this email is totally off-topic...

Last month I plugged links to three albums of images of narrow gauge railways in Germany (see below).

My trip to Germany was via train, and I have now collated an album of images showing the journey there and some of the sights in Berlin.

Highlights include the trains including Grand Central, Eurostar, Thalys, Deutsche Bahn, the Berlin U-Bahn, S-Bahn and trams; a Bugatti Veyron, Trabants, the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate, the Berlin Tower and Pandas - told you this was off-topic!

Take a look, but only if you're interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

In a message dated 13/08/2017 15:20:10 GMT Daylight Time, Chapmanmchapman@... writes:
Dear all,

Greetings from England.

Thank you for the latest issue of Light Railways - a super issue as always.

A couple of weeks ago I uploaded some images to Flickr showing my recent trip to Germany.

I have now finished uploading an album showing the 750mm gauge Lößnitzgrundbahn.

If you are ever in Dresden the railway is a very short distance away via commuter train from Dresden.

I broke the journey to have a quick look at Moritzburg castle so there are a couple of images showing this too.

Take a look if you're interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

In a message dated 01/08/2017 02:00:59 GMT Daylight Time, Chapmanmchapman@... writes:
Dear all,

I've just come back from Germany. 'Several' photographs were taken...

I have uploaded a couple of collections to Flickr:

The 15" gauge Dresdner Parkeisenbahn is here:

The newly-extended Weißeritztalbahn is here:

I also have images from the Lößnitzgrundbahn which I'll upload shortly...