Topics

: Re: : New Facebook Group: Light Railways of Australia

Bob Thornton

G'day,

I found that Adblock/Plus was becoming less and less useful.  "uBlock Origin" seems to be more effective and with greater control - it has a facility to block large media elements that many web designers like to use, you can select on a page by page basis whether to display the media or not.  This became very useful when w10 gobbled up half my monthly ether allowance in three days for it's largely pointless 'updates'.

An interesting side issue with 'blockers', some sites want to restrict access if they are detected.  Research has shown it seems that most people just close the window and move on.... :-))

cheers,
Bob Thornton
Skipton AU
'moving to Linux Mint'

---In LRRSA@..., <jdennis412@...> wrote :

Isn't Adblock Plus a marvellous add-in for Chrome. I never see ads on Railpage, nor on most other sites. Can't stop Facebook though.

John