Topics

Rails to Rubicon book - second edition pre-publication offer

Frank Stamford

Pre-publication orders for the second edition of the book "Rails to Rubicon" by Peter Evans, are now being taken. The pre-publication price is $39.60 ($29.70 to LRRSA members). This special price will apply until 31 October this year.

After that the normal price will be $49.50; ($37.13 to LRRSA members).

The book has 200 pages, a hard cover, and over 240 illustrations. It is a comprehensive history of the 2 ft, 3 ft and 3 ft 4-1/2 inch gauge tramways of Victoria's Rubicon Forest, and the connecting tramway to Alexandra.
The book is expected to be available by the end of November.

Orders may be placed here:https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Rails-to-Rubicon

Here are a few sample pages.
Please feel free to share this with others!

Grant Maloney

hi,
am attempting to buy this item.
have registered but no go.
I am member,
How do I buy the product?
It seems I am not authorised??
Thanks for your help
Grant

From: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io> on behalf of Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@...>
Sent: Tuesday, 1 October 2019 7:12 PM
To: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io>
Subject: [LRRSA] Rails to Rubicon book - second edition pre-publication offer

Pre-publication orders for the second edition of the book "Rails to Rubicon" by Peter Evans, are now being taken. The pre-publication price is $39.60 ($29.70 to LRRSA members). This special price will apply until 31 October this year.

The book has 200 pages, a hard cover, and over 240 illustrations. It is a comprehensive history of the 2 ft, 3 ft and 3 ft 4-1/2 inch gauge tramways of Victoria's Rubicon Forest, and the connecting tramway to Alexandra.

John Dennis

I will help Grant offline.

John

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 21:19, Grant Maloney <Oldcamera12@...> wrote:
hi,
I am member,
Thanks for your help
Grant

From: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io> on behalf of Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@...>

Grant Maloney

Thanks,
how do we do it?

From: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io> on behalf of John Dennis <jdennis412@...>
Sent: Wednesday, 2 October 2019 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Rails to Rubicon book - second edition pre-publication offer

John

hi,
I am member,
Thanks for your help
Grant

John Dennis

Grant,

I have sent you an email from the lrrsa.sales account - at the second attempt. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

John

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 at 21:41, Grant Maloney <Oldcamera12@...> wrote:
Thanks,
how do we do it?

From: LRRSA@groups.io <LRRSA@groups.io> on behalf of John Dennis <jdennis412@...>
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Rails to Rubicon book - second edition pre-publication offer

John

hi,
I am member,
Thanks for your help
Grant

Grant Maloney

Hi John,
I think I have worked it out.
I am just wondering how I get the member price for the item?
It is sitting in my cart at the non member price.
I think the pre release amount should be $29.70 for members.
Any guidance would be appreciated and thanks for your help .

Regards 
Grant

Sent: Wednesday, 2 October 2019 9:59 PM

Grant,

I have sent you an email from the lrrsa.sales account - at the second attempt. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

John

Thanks,
how do we do it?

John

hi,
I am member,
Thanks for your help
Grant

Frank Stamford

Hello Grant,

You probably came into the Online Shop without seeing the front page, which has a paragraph on member's discounts:

When you place your first order you will be charged the normal price. We will then give you a credit on your credit card to allow the discount. All subsequent orders will be automatically priced with the LRRSA members’ discounts applied. 

So you will get the discount, as a credit on your credit card account. And for any future orders you place you will automatically get the discount. The problem is the online shop does not know that you are a member at the time of your first order, we have to tell it you are a member!

Regards,
Frank

On 3/10/2019 9:07 am, Grant Maloney wrote:
Hi John,

Regards 
Grant

Grant,

John

Thanks,
how do we do it?

John

hi,
I am member,
Thanks for your help
Grant

Grant Maloney

Hi
all good and ordered. thanks again
Grant

Sent: Thursday, 3 October 2019 9:31 AM

Hello Grant,

You probably came into the Online Shop without seeing the front page, which has a paragraph on member's discounts:

When you place your first order you will be charged the normal price. We will then give you a credit on your credit card to allow the discount. All subsequent orders will be automatically priced with the LRRSA members’ discounts applied. 

So you will get the discount, as a credit on your credit card account. And for any future orders you place you will automatically get the discount. The problem is the online shop does not know that you are a member at the time of your first order, we have to tell it you are a member!

Regards,
Frank

On 3/10/2019 9:07 am, Grant Maloney wrote:
Hi John,

Regards 
Grant

Grant,

John

Thanks,
how do we do it?

John

hi,
I am member,
Thanks for your help
Grant

Frank Stamford

"Rails to Rubicon: A history of the Rubicon Forest" (second edition) by Peter Evans, has just arrived from the printer. I can now confirm that the reproduction of the photographs is greatly improved - and the quality of the paper is better (the book weighs 12% more than the first edition although it has the same number of pages).

The pre-publication price of $39.60 ($29.70 for LRRSA members) is available until 31 October; after which the price will be $49.50 ($37.10 to LRRSA members).

More information can be found on a previous post on this page, and orders can be placed on the LRRSA Online Shop:https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Rails-to-Rubicon…

John Dennis

Just a quick heads-up. The pre-publication offer for Rails to Rubicon expires tomorrow. Any orders placed from November 1st will be at the regular retail price.

Order from the online shop: https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Rails-to-Rubicon

John Dennis
LRRSA Sales 

On Fri., 18 Oct. 2019, 4:36 pm Frank Stamford, <frank.stamford@...> wrote:

"Rails to Rubicon: A history of the Rubicon Forest" (second edition) by Peter Evans, has just arrived from the printer. I can now confirm that the reproduction of the photographs is greatly improved - and the quality of the paper is better (the book weighs 12% more than the first edition although it has the same number of pages).

The pre-publication price of $39.60 ($29.70 for LRRSA members) is available until 31 October; after which the price will be $49.50 ($37.10 to LRRSA members).

More information can be found on a previous post on this page, and orders can be placed on the LRRSA Online Shop:https://shop.lrrsa.org.au/Rails-to-Rubicon…