Topics

: Pyrmont CSR

Tom Jessop

This map may be of assistance , The City of Sydney  Historical maps web site has many maps available almost back to the first fleet  .   http://atlas.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/maps/city-of-sydney-building-surveyors-detail-sheets-1949-1972/city-of-sydney-building-surveyors-detail-sheets-1949-1972-sheet-5-pyrmont/

Back in the mid 50s when I was a mere boy my father worked for J&A Brown in Sydney & there was one of the many wharf strikes in progress , Salaried staff were used to move the SS Wallarah  from Balls head to CSR Pyrmont & I was lucky to be taken along also . I can remember tieing up at either wharf 28 ,29  or 30 which were opposite the coal bin for the power house .