Problems with Digital Photography

Iain

I have little interest in Fiji but I am very interested in problems you are
having with the digital photography particularly the Scandisk card. I wasn’t
sure what the problem was but I have changed over to digital photography now
for my professional work and I would be in serious trouble if I couldn’t
download from the discs in my camera. What exactly was the problem??

Also for those who are interested the NSW Heritage Office has just released
their guidelines for photographing heritage items – www.heritage.nsw.gov.au

yours

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397

Burwood North

ph/fx (02) 97010191

HYPERLINK "mailto:iain@jcis.net.au"iain@jcis.net.au

HYPERLINK "mailto:iain_stuart@optusnet.com.au"iain_stuart@optusnet.com.au

Check out the website at HYPERLINK "http://www.jcis.net.au"www.jcis.net.au

bll_hnks

I was just speaking to one of the techo boffins here about the problem
in trying to download from a 2 gig Scandisk memory card. He has had
exactly the same problem.

He cannot download to his notebook computer but can on his PC at home.
It is to do with the software that supports the card reader not being
able recognize the bigger capacity cards. It requires an update of the
card reader software.

If you are having trouble when linking the camera direct to your
computer, then the problem lies with the computer software for the
camera. A visit to the camera specific website should/may see the latest
software available to overcome the problem. It's probably a good habit
to regularly check these sites to see if updates are available that will
enhance the performance of your camera.

Regards,

Bill Hanks

[...]

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA
publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and
the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of
the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and
opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA
member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"

Yahoo! Groups Links

Chris Stratton

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Bill Hanks" <bhanks@r...> wrote:

[...]

Windows XP doesn't require extra software to recognise digital
cameras. When you connect the camera Windows sees it as a removable
hard disk, you normally don't need to install the software that came
with the camera for it to work. What is usually supplied on the CD
with the digital camera is just a fancier front end for the copying,
sometimes integrated with a photo library.
When I bought my K100D six weeks ago it had ver 1.00 firmware
installed. I checked the Pentax website and ver 1.01 was available
so I installed that in the camera.
My advice is to always install the latest versions of everything.
Regards,
Chris