Topics

Photographs from Wales - slightly off-topic

Michael C.

Dear all,

On Monday the 27th May it was a ank-holiday in the UK so I was off work - hurray!

I visited the dual-gauge 12.25" and 15" gauge Fairbourne Railway on the West Coast of Wales. Visit: http://www.fairbournerailway.com/

There were a number of visiting locomotives; perhaps the most interesting being 'Katie' built in 1896.

Visit: https://ravenglassrailwaymuseum.co.uk/portfolio/cras-aliquam-neque-nisl/

There is an Australian link too! One of the other visiting locomotives was 'Mountaineer' formerly employed on the Bush Mill Railway in Tasmania. I was lucky enough to ride this in the late 1990s and was sad when it closed.

I took lots of photographs and the best ones have been uploaded to Flickr.

Take a look if you are interested:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157708812220768

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Greg Stephenson

I hope you and all the other ‘anks’ had a good holiday! 🤭😃

Greg Stephenson
Brisbane, Australia

Get Outlook for iOS

[...]

Kevin Sewell

Lived there for two years and could never work out why the "anks" got a holiday. Surely since the country as a whole got the holiday they are "public" holidays not just "bank" holidays. Why don't they say insurance holidays, or engineering holidays, or council holidays, or real estate holidays, or court system holidays. But that was just one of a myriad of weirdities over there.

--
What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look

Michael C.

Ooops.

Sorry, bank holiday.

Michael Chapman

[...]