Otford Mushroom Farm!

BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>

Hi all,
Had a very brief read of the latest Albion Park
newsletter today and noticed they now have a number of
items from this operation including a locomotive.
Can anyone give some details regarding this
locomotive?
I should add that this is for a small report in
LocoShed Express and anyone helping will be
acknowledged.

Much thanks
Brad

#### LocoShed Australasia Website ####
http://www.geocities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html
** Light Railway Research Society Yahoogroup. LRRSA@Yahoogroups
** Australian Industrial & Preserved Railways.
** Railways of the Philippines and South East Asia
** Member of the S*M*U*T (Sydney) Railway Modellers Group!

http://mail.yahoo.com

John Garaty

Hi, Brad,
Sorry but you've got the wrong mushroom farm - The stuff came from
the Helensburgh mushroom farm, just north of Helensburgh station.

Otford Mushroom Farm used to be served by a standard gauge siding
that disappeared when the the line was electrified in the mid
1980's. I'm not sure whether the Otford mushroom farm used rail
equipment to load the growing area in the tunnel as Helensburgh
did.

The ILRMS has received the "remains" of the small petrol loco that
was used on site. It was in a sad state several years ago, and is
even sadder now. There is no engine, or instumentation, just the
frame skeleton. There are only 3 of the 4 wheels remaining, someone
had gas-axed one of the rear wheels on site sometine after January
2002. I think that Chris S posted a photo of it on site in early
2002 with all 4 wheels. We also have a small steel hopper, a braked
flatcar and 4 mushroom racks that were used with the flat car.

On the track side of things, there is also a quantity of 20lb/yard
and approx 15lb/yard track panels recovered from site. One set of
left-hand points was also recovered. The quality of this rail varies
from very good to badly rusted. Museum "Track Boss" Michael Milway
has the 20lb/yard rail reserved for track work extensions in and
around the new display shed. All we need now is a track gang to help
us lay it.

As at Monday morning, all site sheds and equipment appear to be gone
from the Helensburgh site. The old site looks like flat ground.
Regards,
John Garaty
Unanderra

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@y...> wrote:

Hi all,
Had a very brief read of the latest Albion Park
newsletter today and noticed they now have a number of
items from this operation including a locomotive.
Can anyone give some details regarding this
locomotive?
I should add that this is for a small report in
LocoShed Express and anyone helping will be
acknowledged.

Much thanks
Brad

#### LocoShed Australasia Website ####
http://www.geocities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html
** Light Railway Research Society Yahoogroup. LRRSA@Yahoogroups
** Australian Industrial & Preserved Railways.
** Railways of the Philippines and South East Asia
** Member of the S*M*U*T (Sydney) Railway Modellers Group!

http://mail.yahoo.com

BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...>

Hi John,
Sorry mate, my oops.
Any plans to rebuild her back to how she was?

Brad

<alcogoodwin@y...> wrote:

[...]

protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com