Topics

OFF TOPIC - more photos from Germany

Michael C.

Dear all,

Apologies for filling your inbox with what could be considered spam.

I've just returned from Germany (again).

I've uploaded a collection of images from the two foot gauge Mecklenburg Pommersche Schmalspurbahn; a really small operation based around a railway that used to carry potatoes.

Take a look if you are interested:

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

Michael C.

G'day,

Me again - back like a bad smell with more photos from Germany...

On my recent trip I also visited a further two classic narrow gauge railways.

Firstly there was the 750mm gauge Racing Roland (http://ruegensche-baederbahn.de/home.html) from Göhren to Lauterbach Mole which included a section of dual gauge track. I was blessed with beautiful weather and managed to get line-side for some railway photography.

Take a look of you're interested:

The second railway was the Mecklenburgische Bäderbahn or 'Molli' (http://www.molli-bahn.de/); the only 900mm gauge railway in Germany. It runs from Kühlungsborn West to Bad Doderan.

Here in the UK over the past couple of years the Welsh Highland Railway has been big news as the trains run over Porthmadog High Street. Well, this is nothing compared to the Molli where trains run up a grade through the streets and town centre of Bad Doberan. Cars have to move over and people have to get out of the way. It was amazing!

Take a look if you're interested:

The below album has had some further images added from my trip to Peenemünde and the trip back by rail.

In a message dated 22/09/2017 17:00:17 GMT Daylight Time, Chapmanmchapman@... writes:
Dear all,

Apologies for filling your inbox with what could be considered spam.

I've just returned from Germany (again).

I've uploaded a collection of images from the two foot gauge Mecklenburg Pommersche Schmalspurbahn; a really small operation based around a railway that used to carry potatoes.

Take a look if you are interested:

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

John Dennis

Hi Michael,

Thanks for these collections. I've travelled on some of the German NG railways, but not those on the Baltic Coast. I reckon the Molli has now made it to my bucket list after seeing your photos.

John