Topics

OFF TOPIC. More photos from Wales

Michael C.

Dear all,

Greetings from the United Kingdom.

Last weekend I visited the two foot gauge Bala Lake Railway for their gala.

It was really good with five quarry Hunslets in steam.

I've uploaded a collection of images to Flickr. Take a look if you're interested:

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

Michael C.

Dear all,

Another weekend - another gala in Wales.

Last weekend the 2'6" gauge Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway (http://www.wllr.org.uk/) in mid Wales held their annual steam gala.

It was great fun with visiting traction engines, real ale, a steam powered car, night photography and a visiting locomotive from the Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway in Kent (http://www.sklr.net/).

What makes the WLLR so interesting is that in addition to the two Beyer Peacock locomotives, the railway also has an international collection of locomotives and carriages from Africa and continental Europe.

I have uploaded a collection of images to Flickr.

In a message dated 31/08/2017 05:55:49 GMT Daylight Time, Chapmanmchapman@... writes:
Dear all,

Greetings from the United Kingdom.

Last weekend I visited the two foot gauge Bala Lake Railway for their gala.

It was really good with five quarry Hunslets in steam.

I've uploaded a collection of images to Flickr. Take a look if you're interested:

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge
Support the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

BM

Michael,

A BIG DAY on the Welshpool & Lianfair Railway. I had the opportunity to travel on that line back in 2001 and enjoyed the experience.

I am still active as editor of Australian Railway History and last night I was the presenter at the ARHSnsw general meeting with a Powerpoint collection of images on rail heritage in South Australia.

Best Wishes

Bob McKillop