Topics

OFF TOPIC - more photographs from India

Michael C.

Dear all,

Back in March I was fortunate enough to ride the metre gauge Niligiri Mountain Railway in India - it was a brilliant experience; scenery, steam, and stations with all the paraphernalia from a bygone era.

More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilgiri_Mountain_Railway

Photographs from my trip on 2nd March can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157680233335178

I also have a separate album of images from on-shed at Coonoor showing the amazing 0-8-2 rack locomotives under repair etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157708587319504

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman
UK

Michael C.

Dear all,

Apologies once again for filling your inboxes with off-topic material.

I have been uploading images to Flickr...

This time from the Nilgiri Mountain Railway again and a special excursion train from Ooty to Ketti.

There are also some scenic views and a quick look round the town of Ooty.

Take a look if you are interested: https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157705106628152

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Back in March I was fortunate enough to ride the metre gauge Niligiri Mountain Railway in India - it was a brilliant experience; scenery, steam, and stations with all the paraphernalia from a bygone era.

More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilgiri_Mountain_Railway

Photographs from my trip on 2nd March can be seen here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157680233335178

I also have a separate album of images from on-shed at Coonoor showing the amazing 0-8-2 rack locomotives under repair etc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157708587319504

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman
UK

Hunslet

Advertised as steam, but run with a diesel?!

Hunslet

Back in March I was fortunate enough to ride the metre gauge Niligiri Mountain Railway in India - it was a brilliant experience; scenery, steam, and stations with all the paraphernalia from a bygone era.

More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilgiri_Mountain_Railway

Photographs from my trip on 2nd March can be seen here:

I also have a separate album of images from on-shed at Coonoor showing the amazing 0-8-2 rack locomotives under repair etc.

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

UK

Michael C.

Is it advertised as steam?

https://flic.kr/p/2gaRYm7

Coming soon... the water tower has already been restored.

Michael Chapman

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.