Topics

OFF TOPIC - American photographs

Michael C.

Dear all,

Apologies in advance for filling your inboxes with off-topic emails again...

I have recently returned from the state of Maine in America; whilst there I visited four two-foot gauge railways / railroads. I have uploaded 'some' photographs to Flickr:

Boothbay Railway Village
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157696799429101
So far I have only uploaded the railway photos - they had an amazing collection of cars and a room with a collection of out-board motors - there were hundreds!

An encounter with a box van on the quay side in Wiscasset
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157692695485290
This album also contains two shots of a stealth destroyer in dock for repair.

Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum (diesel hauled)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157698493343475

Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum (steam hauled)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157692733476490

Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157668649379077

Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157670730847248
There are some amazing views of the scenery and the lakes at the end. I dipped my feet in the lake - crossed of the bucket list!

And I was so impressed with the Bridgton & Saco River Railroad Baldwin number 7 at the MNGRR the loco has it's own album at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55958391@N07/albums/72157698988807355

Take a look if you are interested.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman